Kindergarten graduation. Mixed feelings. For me, not McKade. He's getting so big! The school my kids go to have theirs during the daytime, McKade's started at 9 am. Good grief what a busy day! Cauley's school had ended/graduated the night before so the teachers had to be there, but he got permission to come late so he could go to McKade's graduation. He got to take Dallin to his last day of school and be there for Flag Ceremony, and then he hung out until we got there. It was super cute!!! Seriously, I can't begin to tell you how well done this school's kinder graduation went! The principle started with welcoming, and then they gave out a few awards. McKade got an award for getting all 70 phonograms correct, and another award that was a huge surprise to he and I...STUDENT OF THE YEAR!! His teacher had such nice, kind, and encouraging words toward him as he was presented the award and given a t-shirt. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as he had perfect grades on everything all year long, except handwriting, which was still good. He is so funny as he was all serious the entire graduation (I had warned him not to goof around before and I guess he took it to heart.). After awards, they sang the cutest song EVER!!! Seriously, I have a copy and it was to die for! We also have it on video, but I can't get it to load on blogger. I think his teacher wrote it? Then they recited the Preamble to the Constitution. After that, they received their diplomas which were a graduation picture, certificate, DVD slide show we watched later, and another picture their teacher took. We then got the privilege of watching the slide show we all received a copy of and I will admit, I cried. It was too cute, definitely a treasure! Each child was shown individually telling us what they wanted to be when they grew up (McKade said he wants to be an army man) and then they had a little slide show of each student's picture to the song "Let Them Be Little." That ended graduation and Cauley left for his final hours of work for the school year while we took pictures.
 |
| McKade receiving the Student Of The Year award. |
 |
| Ms. Wilcher- aide. She does SO much!! What an amazing lady! |
 |
The supermodel teacher |
I seriously cannot say how much I love this lady! This is McKade's teacher, Mrs. Valenzuela. I had the privilege of helping in the classroom this year on multiple occasions and I learned so much from her just by being there. She is so kind, patient, loving, funny, eccentric, and I was sad for her not to be McKade's teacher any longer. I had hope Tyli would have her next year, but sadly, she isn't going to be teaching next year. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment