Sunday, June 3, 2012

State Champs!


It was a late night so this is what's left of the boys team and coaches
Congratulations to the Higley Boys Track Team- State Champs (Division 3A)!!! The Girls team came in 3rd which is pretty good too! I was in suspense as I wasn't at the meet so Cauley would text me every now and again with updates. At one point he said it was either between us or Williams Field (our rivals in district) and I about went berserk with anticipation as I had no other details of what was going on or what we needed to do to win. He finally let me know we had won and told me he'd call me later (it was already 10:30 pm!) and so I waited. and waited. and waited. He finally got home around 2 am Sunday morning.
 It is tradition that Cauley started that they have a giant slip and slide on the football field after the awards banquet. This year did not disappoint. Not only do my kids LOVE it, but the coaches (ok, mostly Cauley) and the track kids had a blast too! I loved watching and taking pics. (still trying to figure out the camera at this point.) Here are a small fraction of what I took.



superman!




Seconds later, they were "bowled" down!



lets not all go at once....
or do. Wait, where are the girls?

1 comment:

Just US said...

Congrats Higley!! Great job!!