Friday, July 15, 2011

Dallin turns 8

Can you believe I have an 8 year old? I sure can't! Dallin turned 8 last month and has been loving every minute of his "older" self. For his birthday dinner, he requested my homemade pizza. Happy to oblige, D-Man! Since it was such a special day, we busted out the Soda. (We're not usually soda pop drinkers, but I needed it for a recipe I made my father-in-law for his birthday dessert.)

Halli thinks we need to say prayer after each bite of food. We usually just tell her "amen!" and she's happy.

 This was a year for a party for Dallin. (My kids get one every 2 years.) Dallin requested a swimming or water party. Cauley's aunt and uncle have a great pool and an amazing back yard that could take on all of us adults and kids, so they kindly said we could use their pool. Thanks Turleys!
Cori, Aunt Jeni, Makenna, Jennifer holding the new baby Charlie (Cori's new baby) and Halli keeping cool in the shade while watching the swimmers.

Grandma and Ryan keeping an eye on the cousins.

Cauley grilling hot dogs for everyone.

Dinner! This was some unspoken agreement between the kids that they all had to sit inside the trampoline bars to eat- and stay there until they were done- which they did!


Blowing out those candles. Dallin requested blue cupcakes (the cake part matches the frosting) inside ice cream cones. I also made some graham crackers sandwiches with leftover frosting and those seemed to go faster than the cupcakes!

This was the hard part. Tyli had gotten her stitches out 2 days before and since the wound was still healing, she wasn't allowed to go swimming for another week. She sat by this fence and cried the entire night. Here is her daddy trying to console her and probably making a deal about swimming at a future time.

No comments: