I don't know if you can tell how dirty this girl actually is, but she is FILTHY!!! This was the beginning of our summer- a summer of service projects. I believe that Tyli went and helped the boys shovel a "little" bit of rock, dirt, pavers, and a bunch of other stuff for the remodeling of their backyard. (TOTAL sarcasm when I say "little") I'm not sure just how much help the kids were, at least Tyli brought home a shovel or two of dirt in her hair and clothes and Dallin definitely brought home his share of sand inside his shoes! The boys (Cauley included) have also been busy washing other people's (and ours!) cars, mowing down an entire backyard of weeds and trash with their shovels (the weed eater broke 5 seconds into it!), and moving rock for a few families. I LOVE that my husband is such a hard worker!
![]()
![]() |
| Just a little leaf bug that tried flying into our house the other day. He was on our lemon tree, but I opened the door to tell Cauley something out back and he flew at me. Not every day you can find a leaf bug. Cauley and I let him crawl on us, and Tyli was going to brave it out and do the same, but freaked out when Cauley went to put it on her. (Cauley's hand is so dirty as he had just got home from helping out yet another neighbor move rock or something.) |
![]() |
| This is actually how Halli sits while in a stroller, shopping cart, high chair, you name it. She even tries while in her car seat, but that's a little more restrainable. My favorite is when we are someplace else and all of a sudden her foot come out of her seat onto the table. (The look on other people's faces is priceless!) |
![]() |
| And here she is just chillin. (Her favorite- outside in the stroller.) Too bad you can't see that her feet are up, and over the tray of her stroller and she is re-laxed! |
![]()
Yep- you see right. No, this is not a picture from last year. I am the world's biggest klutz! I fell down my stairs again 2 weeks ago. We were called as Ma's and Pa's for our Stake Trek, and very much looking forward to it, but had to cancel at the very last minute due to severely sprained foot and hairline fractured ankle. At first, we weren't totally sure anything was broken, just badly sprained. It was about 3 days before I was supposed to walk on it, and it just hasn't healed very fast. I went in for my 2 week appointment today and found out indeed it is fractured (just a hairline fracture though!) and I have 2 torn tendons around the ankle (over the top going toward the foot, and one underneath). No surgery, just have to wear the dumb boot another 2-4 weeks and then I have a brace I'll have to wear for another 4-6 weeks as well as PT. No fun. At least I have permission to get in the pool again. (I can sit, but that's better than having to sit
outside the water while watching everyone else
in the water! (Especially while living in AZ in the summertime!)
Another thing about the fall. When I fell, I was carrying Halli down from her nap. When I fell, I accidentally dropped her and she landed on her right arm. That night Cauley took her in and they think she may have had Nurse Maid's elbow, meaning a partially separated elbow. She still wouldn't really use her right arm for a good week, and when she did, she didn't really lift it up, just moved her wrist. We think she also hurt her shoulder a bit and that's why she didn't use it. Even her scooting around the floor was one-armed. She's finally doing MUCH better now and using both arms/hands as she used to. I have felt SO horrible!
![]()
Can you believe this guy turns 8 tomorrow? He was welcomed into Cub Scouts last week at Pack Meeting and last night was his first time going to den meeting. I can't believe I will have an 8 year old! Even though his den meets about a mile from our house, we let him ride his bike with his buddy, Karsen.
Ok- I am not going to get into details with this next story. It involves my beautiful daughter, Tyli, and a flashlight. Anyhow, really short story- Mike and Kathy (my MIL and FIL) took the kids (minus Halli) up to Prescott for the weekend like they were going to do when we went on the Trek. (They went up on Thursday, we were now following on Friday.) Anyways, after a long day, some excited to be in a tent/away from mom and dad overnight, some rough housing in the tent, and kids that were up WAY too late, Tyli ended up at Yavapai Regional Hospital at 11pm for stitches. It took a long time since someone else there kept "coding", so it wasn't until 2:30 am that everyone was able to go home for bed. Tyli was a trooper though and slept through the stitches. She now informs me that she loves the "bubbly water" they kept putting on her eye to flush it out. She got 3 stitches inside, 7 outside, and then they had to glue another spot on her eyelid. (lower left side.)
It really wasn't fun laying in bed, jumping as the phone rang at 11pm, listening while wondering who would be calling at that hour to my husband who is told "Is this Tyli Clark's dad? This is Yavapai Regional hospital and we have Tyli here who is going to need some medical attention and we need your permission to treat her." Yah- let's just say we freaked out! About 10 minutes later (ok, probably only 7-8, but it really felt like 30!) my father-in-law called us and we got the scoop. They planned on calling us, they just wanted to get Tyli to the hospital asap and so he called as soon as he could.) Just a bit scary/overwhelming/frustrating/alarming to get a call like that out of nowhere!
![]() |
| This is the day before Ty got her stitches out. I was really surprised it didn't bruise more than it did. She thought it was pretty and wanted me to put make-up on the other eye. (I didn't have the right colors to make it match though- I shoulda called Steph!) She went and got her stitches out today and was SO good, just laying there while Dr. Leavit had to remove some that had scabbed over. He then put them in a row on a tongue depressor and put a piece of tape over them so she could keep them as a souvenir. Kinda cool, kinda gross. She's happy with it though! |
![]() |
| I had to add a picture of this guy. He is all ready for Kindergarten, although he's already getting really nervous. He went and got his shots today. He did great! I love how sweet, loving, and compassionate he is, especially with his sisters! His big worry is making friends, but honestly, he should have no problem with that! |
![]()
I love these two! I love all of my awesome little family! I'll post again sometime of the many upcoming adventures we're off to have to finish off the summer. (and there will be lots more- just hopefully none that involve ER's, urgent cares, or unplanned dr. offices!)
2 comments:
Wow you guys always have something hurt or broken over there! Love your family picture on top-so cute!
JAMI. You seriously have tree bugs?????? Like from Horton? WAHOOOOOOO! I thought they were made up. Bring one to Idaho!
Post a Comment