First off, my baby shower; thrown by these two beautiful ladies, my sister-in-laws, Stephanie and Jennifer.
Here is the dessert table from my shower. The funniest part was I let Tyli come and her first thing she spotted was the diaper cake that's in the background. She said, "Mom, look at that pretty cake!" I asked if she knew what it was made of and she just looked at me like "crazy lady, it's a cake!" So I said "It's made of diapers." "OOOOH GROSS!" she yelled. I laughed so hard!
Here is the other food that was served. Doesn't everything look so yummy? (It was, too. I think I ate WAY too much!)
Here is just one picture from the Clark family's Father and Sons outing the same weekend as my shower. All the guys met at Grandma Greer's house (Brad's mom's) and camped out in her backyard. It was perfect for them! (They had a fire and slept in tents- what more do you need to camp out?) For more details about this, go read Cauley's blog.
Cauley's latest around-the-house project has been working on our backyard. This is a total "before" picture. He has since extended the patio to the far end of the air conditioning units and as far out as the dirt goes clear across. It looks so nice! He also got the jungle weeds (we've had lots of rain!) outta there and cleaned up the yard. It really looks so much better- come and see!(See the pavers hiding behind the slide?)
You know you're about ready to have a baby when everyone in the ward, including some men, keep asking "How much longer?" Seriously! (I'm HUGE!) *For those who want a belly shot, check out Cauley's blog cause I refuse to post that for journaling purposes! I just had another ultrasound on Tuesday because my belly is what my doctor calls "all baby- not even room for an ounce of fat". (Of course he's wrong, but it sounds good, eh?) Anyways, since there is no give to my belly, he wasn't able to tell how she is laying. He thought she was head down, but couldn't figure anything else out so he just wanted to make sure. She is indeed head down, bum straight up, but instead of facing my back or front, she is sideways, mostly with her feet and knees toward the head. (I was told that's why she sticks out so much- it's her hips and shoulders poking out at everyone.) I have almost gained a full 20 pounds now, so she should be a healthy weight like the others. I am just getting tired of going to stores and having those nosy people say, "Oh wow. You have a baby in your belly!" I was a little insulted the other day when I went down the ice cream isle (not even for ice cream, just cutting down the isle for milk) and a guy who was on that isle looked at me and busted up laughing. "Need a snack?" he said. Oh well. I just hope she gets here soon! I did finish my preschool year out with a graduation last week. Now that it's done, I'm grateful for a little more flexible free time. I am also getting ready to participate in the Queen Creek Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society again. It's next weekend and I plan on walking until this baby falls out!Cauley has also been very busy helping me get ready for this baby around the house, school, and track. He has been working so hard and I appreciate all that he does. It's hard, having him leave really early (around 5:30 a.m.) and not ever getting home before 6:30 p.m., usually after 10 on meet nights, and then having him busy still with school or track stuff until late at night. Even his weekends are taken. Can you believe he had the nerve to ask me to prom for this Saturday. (He has to chaperon and we usually do that together as a date.) I think I'd be the laughing stock of the world, showing up literally ready to pop!
Well, you are somewhat updated for now. This summer has LOTS going on, including a baby being born, a few family weddings (which we are SO excited for!!!), baby blessing, my parents may come down for a visit (first time in 3 1/2 years!), and other fun adventures. I'll try and do better at posting- unless everyone is right about #4 being a LOT harder to get used to.
No comments:
Post a Comment