Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Meet Halli


Once again, all pictures are backwards. I'll start from the beginning this time.

Friends from my Relay for Life team- Rashelle, Marie, and Debbie! (the real reason Halli decided to come 10 days early!)

Such a proud sister!



The Big Protector (brother).
Meeting for the first time!



The Proud Daddy and his beautiful daughter!


Halli's first night.

Halli right after her first bath

(Cauley "evaluating me")

(Me, showing one last look at my HUGE pregnant belly!)


Well, like life, nothing with the end of this pregnancy happened the way it was "supposed to." I was actually scheduled to be induced on Sunday, April 25th at 3:00 p.m., but questioned whether or not my "date" would stick. (The hospital I was delivering at has been so overloaded with babies lately that no inductions were taking place when they were supposed to.) So, knowing this, I headed down to join my teammates and have a great time walking in the Queen Creek Relay for Life on Friday afternoon. We were all laughing so hard because the lady who was in charge was VERY concerned for me and the baby and pointed out where there were nurses stationed, where the firemen and ambulance were stationed, and where to find a cart to get me some place quickly if needed. I didn't know until later that she had told the firemen there to keep an eye on me. (They seriously were watching my every move all night long! It kinda gave me a complex!) I walked with a few friends for a while, but had some pretty hard contractions that were anything but regular so I took it easy, eating the fruit bouquet I won in a raffle that night from Edible Arrangements, walking around "shopping" at different booths, and chatting with awesome friends. I seriously LOVE being a part of Relay for Life! My walking time was from 10:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. and by then I knew I had overdone it, so Debbie and I walked really slow. By 11, I could barely move any longer so I packed up my chair and went home.



I woke up at 3:02 a.m. to go to the bathroom and had another hard contraction. Before I was able to climb back into bed, another one. I laid down, another, and so on. I woke up Cauley so he could time them (I couldn't see the clock) and within a few more, we knew we needed to call someone to come stay with the kids. We got to the hospital around 4 where we spent some time walking around the L&D floor, trying to make some progress (I was only at a 2 & 60%, but my contractions were every 2-3 minutes or less still.) After a long walk, and me being exhausted, we were reevaluated and admitted to the hospital. Time to have this baby! I was immediately started on antibiotics because of an allergy. It took forever to get to L&D because all the computer systems were down (and stayed down even after we left the hospital on Monday!)


Things were not going as fast as I'd have liked. My body didn't want to be done being pregnant, and the Dr. and nurses didn't want to hurry me along either. (The antibiotics I had to have had to come with 2 doses every 6 hours apart.) I was frustrated, but what can you do? I tried holding out on the epidural for as long as I could, but by 3 in the afternoon my body couldn't take any more. I was EXHAUSTED!! I got my epidural, which was a wonderful experience this time, unlike with Tyli! FINALLY, around 6 p.m. I had had all my antibiotics and the Dr. told me he would break my water. Once that happened, I went from a 3-5 in half an hour, and then was ready to push in another 45 minutes. I pushed for about 30 minutes before the Dr. told me I had to stop because she was stuck, and probably wouldn't move without help. I wanted to cry, but opted for help with suction. A few contractions later, out came my beautiful baby girl- quietly looking around at her new world. I was worried she wasn't crying, as was everyone else in the room, but she was just content to give us a quiet squawk every few seconds when prodded. She is seriously my quietest baby by far! We all spent another 2 hours in L&D before being shown to our new room.

We were really blessed to get a great location for our recovery room. It was totally out of the way from all the others and had no neighbors- just a supply closet! It was so quiet and nice that we all got pretty good rest. On Sunday we had a few visitors, 3 of my friends from Relay for life (top picture) and my kids who were brought by my in-laws. It was fun sharing our new sweet moments with good friends and family! Monday Morning came and I begged to get to go home- which we did, just at about noon! Aunt LaRee came right as we were being discharged, and it is always fun to see her. Then we came home where we are all happy to be, getting to know our new beautiful family member- Halli D Clark!

Halli D Clark
Saturday, April 24, 2010
8:20 p.m.
7 lbs 10.4 oz
21 inches long

*The D in her name stands for 3 important women in her life; her great grandma, Dora Turley (Cauley's grandma), Halli's grandmother, Debi Ruth (my mom), and my Aunt, Dorothy Ruth.

7 comments:

Andrea :) said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! :)

The Spence Family said...

I still can't believe that you had her. I always joked I was going to walk her out of you and relay and we did! I am so glad that you had her before my vacation so I could come see her. She is beautiful.

Shari Baker said...

Yay! She is absolutely adorable. How exciting! Congratulations!

Lorianne said...

What a beautiful story! Congratulations to alL!!! She is absolutely perfect!!!!

Erin said...

Congratulations!! She is so beautiful!

Heather said...

another beautiful baby! congrats guys! we're so excited for you. I'm glad she's a good quiet baby for you! we have to come see her! I love her name. how sweet to name her after so many wonderful women. i love that.

T and A said...

WOW! congrats! I am so happy for you. I hope you and baby are all well. We wish we were their to see you and her. Love you family! :)