Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break- in a flash!

Once again, my pictures are way out order- oh well, we'll go backwards! Every year Spring Break comes around and we find ourselves busy with life. I know, no excuses, but when your husband is the head track coach and that still happens and I am 34 weeks pregnant, options for fun are somewhat limited! Since my pictures are backward, that's the way I'll go!
On Saturday we decided to head on over to the Arizona Museum of Natural History in Mesa. We started off our trip by making a picnic lunch and heading to the Mesa Temple to eat, but since it closes stating today for the next few weeks for it's annual cleaning, it was REALLY busy! (Plus it was set up for the Easter Pageant, so space was limited to begin with.) So we headed for the Museum and ate our picnic in the parking lot.
This first picture you see is of the puzzle we put together as a family. It was much harder than it looks! (Notice how wet Tyli is- it's from the next picture of her panning for gold!)

This was a hit with our kids! Dallin and I panned for the bigger nuggets while Cauley helped McKade and Tyli go for "quantity." It was actually a lot of fun! I just wish it were real gold!

The Museum was really cool. I had a blast looking around and I actually learned a lot of new information. I think Cauley and I'll have to go back when we can leave the kids, who ran from exhibit to exhibit, home so we can spend more time there. Then again, wasn't this trip for the kids?

On Friday, after Cauley worked outside for a while, we decided we needed to get out! We drove over to Canyon Lake, a 38 mile drive from our house. Even though we don't have a boat or any kind of water toy, we had fun. It was a little chilly and we left all swim stuff at home (on purpose) so we enjoyed watching the kids explore by the lake, watching the boats and ducks, and throwing rocks. It was so nice to get out and away!

Cauley and Ty posing by the lake.

Our attempt at a family picture in front of the lake.

Thursday afternoon/evening was our big surprise party for Grandma Kathy's birthday. (sorry no pics!) We all had fun planning out dinner and then getting together to enjoy the feast with the whole Clark family! (Except Jeff, we really missed you!) My kids really loved hearing about when their Grandma was a little girl. At one point Tyli was being noisy and I told her to be quiet as Grandma was telling about when she was a little girl like her and Ty's response was "That's amazing!"
The morning was spent making the giant cupcake for Grandma (me and Ty) and the boys went with Cauley to his track practice.
Wednesday we just worked around the house and Cauley had practice- no pictures again.
Tuesday was much the same, except Dallin got to join us for our ultrasound and Dr. appointment in the afternoon. (see previous post.) That evening we had a few friends over for dinner as a thank-you for their help getting us to and from places when I was confined to the house with my broken foot.
Monday was so far away from today that my pregnant mind has NO recollection whatsoever!

I realize this was a real quick recap of our week, so check out Cauley's blog for more info and pictures. (It may take him a few days to get them posted- he's a busy man!)



No comments: