Sunday, February 28, 2010

Finally, something positive!

I had yet another foot dr. appointment on Friday, and left feeling so free! The final x-ray showed that the side of my foot is completely healed and my big toe is not alighned correctly, but the doc said he thinks it may correct itself on it's own by me actually walking on it. (I know, it really didn't make sense to me either!) Then he explained that there are a lot of people (I believe he said "most people") that walk around with broken, crooked toes and are perfectly fine. The only trouble would be if there is a lot of pain when I walk. The joint should be ok, but we're still waiting for the toe to go back together. I will not need surgery unless there is pain when I walk after the bone should be healed, which he estimates to be around 6 weeks after having the baby. Guess what that means. I CAN DRIVE AGAIN!!! I now am back to the special "shoe" I was given at the Urgent Care and have to wear that all around the house until I feel comfortable enough to graduate to a regular tennis shoe until my toe is fully healed. I'm supposed to take the boot with me everywhere I go, and wear it (mostly in public) when I'm going to be on my feet a while. (when am I NOT on my feel for awhile?) Other than that, I am a "free" woman! My foot was really weak at first, and it even swelled a lot when I started walking on it again, but it's getting stronger each day. It does still look funny to me, but hopefully I get used to it fast. (My toe is still sideways a little.) Flip flops, here I come- in June!
I love being able to shower standing on both feet once again (especially with this HUGE belly of mine!), being able to bend my ankle once again, and especially being able to paint my toes, which Cauley is going to do for me since I can no longer reach them! (He doesn't think a pedicure before the baby comes is a good idea this time.;( Best of all, in these final 8 weeks, I can get all the errands done to get ready for this baby girl to come that I haven't been able to do for the past 6 weeks!

1 comment:

Jessica and colby said...

Thats awesome it must feel great to be on the move again!