Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's been a while!

Well, I haven't had too much to post on lately since I can't go anywhere or do anything. I just get to sit and wonder when I'll be able to prepare for this new little girl to come. I can't even do laundry easily as my BIG belly makes it really hard to bend over and get the clothes out of both the washer and the dryer and then, once they are done, I can't carry them up the stairs because I can barely get up them without anything in my hands! I have started "nesting" a bit, but again, I can only do things that don't require climbing, reaching from tip toes, carrying heavy items, bending over, and so on. (my boot also doesn't allow any type of bending over without throwing me backwards, which was kinda funny the first few times I tried, since then has become annoying!)

I am 30 weeks now, but am feeling like 36. This baby literally grew to fill my whole belly overnight! I can't tell how she is laying, but I feel her EVERYWHERE, including my sides. She's got quite a personality already, and I've decided she needs to start putting some fat on those bony stubs she keeps sticking out! I have now officially gained a full 9 lbs (YEA!) and if I have't gained around 6 more at my next appointment next Monday, I may be put on a high calorie diet so I make the minimum of 25 lbs. Boy, I do NOT look like I've gained only 9! (Nor do I feel like it!) We still can't agree on anything for a name. We have 2 totally different ideas about this baby's name! Any suggestions? I am still having to take the Zophran, but am hoping I can stop within the next few weeks. Some mornings I do great without it, and of course, others I don't. I am also going to graduate my preschoolers early this year. I've chosen to do so April 8th so I have 3 weeks before the baby should come. I have mixed feelings about this. Also, I go in next Friday for another x-ray on my foot. If it is healing in the correct position, I may get to start taking the boot off for very short periods of time so that we can have it fully off when the baby comes. I am only praying it's in the right position!

Cauley's started track already, and I think He's enjoing it. I know it's been stressful having around 100 kids with very few coaches, but I'm glad all the winter sports are over now so the other coaches should all be starting to show up to run their events. He is worn out, but I'm grateful for all his hard work and help around the house!

Dallin is finishing up his soccer season. He LOVES to play goalie, but if he is playing anything else, he likes "defense" the best. I'm amazed at how good he's gotten this season!
McKade is the same. He loves to play anything and everything he gets a chance to do. He is graduating from my preschool in April, but since he won't be 5 until the end of August, he isn't going to start Kindergarten this next fall.
Tyli has been taking a dance class from a young lady in our ward. She LOVES it and it's nice that she has someplace to go once a week. She is so full of spunk and can't wait for her new sister to arrive. Now, if only she could understand that this baby can't run up the stairs and play with her like her brothers and cousins can! Ty is also determined she can fit into the baby clothes I've started pulling out, and has successfully ruined a pair of pajamas trying to while I was out of the room. She's definitly a stinker!

Well, that's us for now. I'll let you know if anything else changes. We are loving the nice weather, but I'm not able to do much more than sit out front and watch the kids ride bikes. I can't wait to get this boot off and to feel "normal" again!

2 comments:

T and A said...

howdy lady. I was meaning to comment on you last post to say oh... so sorry to hear about your foot. but you beat me by posting again! I am still sorry for your foot and hope your next x ray shows good things! sorry no baby name sug. girls are always so hard for ty and I! I hope you keep on feeling better so you can have a happy,normal family life again with a happy, healthy baby!

White Family said...

Oh Jami! I wish I could wear the boot for you for the rest of the time. I feel so bad for you! This literally could not have come upon you at a worse time. By the way, I don’t know what you’re talking about saying that you don’t look like you’ve only gained 9 pounds unless you mean that it looks like you’ve LOST 9! You are ALL baby lady! I am not even kidding! You look amazing, don’t kid yourself! I hope you know that you can recruit my help anytime you need a hand. I do laundry, I clean, and I’ll do either of those things for you anytime! Just don’t be afraid to ask.