Sunday, November 8, 2009

A new begining for us!

Well, most of you who read my blog (all 5 of you!) are in my ward or are family, so you probably already know the big news. A few weeks ago our ward split. (hopefully our last for a long time!) We are now part of the Pecan Ranch Ward, which consists of 1/4 mile by almost a mile the other direction. It was pretty exciting, especially since I didn't know too many people anyway. The next Sunday no callings were made, which I thought was pretty odd. They asked all of us to keep serving in our old callings that we were before we split off, so Brianne and I kept up for the Relief Society. However, I did get a call to meet with the Bishop later that week. Uh OH! (Just kidding!) I was called as our ward's new Relief Society President. I laugh even looking at it. My mom's first reaction was "You can't be a Relief Society President- you're too young!" Well, as young as I feel, I know that Heavenly Father needs me, and that He has prepared a way for me to do whatever it is that He is needing me for at this time. I have been able to get the medicines I need to stop throwing up, I have been blessed to feel a lot better then any other pregnancy, and I have somehow found a way to do all that He's asked of me so far. I'm not going to say it's been easy, because I've spent countless hours on my knees and in tears in behalf of the sisters, but I've never felt the love for my fellow Relief Society sisters before, which is turning out to be a pretty amazing thing. The following week after meeting with the bishop to receive this calling we had Stake Conference and so today my two counselors and I were sustained. Can I just tell you how much I LOVE the sisters who are serving with me!! They were definitely put there to help me and teach me how things go, that is for sure! Hopefully by next Sunday I'll have 2 secretaries called, as well as a few other things that need filled.

7 comments:

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

wow! That is quite a calling. I am sure that you will do amazing. As far as being to young...I serve in the young womens and our president is only 19 years old! Good luck with everything and I am glad that you are feeling better

The Spence Family said...

You will be great! Please let me know if I can do anything.

T and A said...

you are too young...! Just because I know I am to young:) good luck!

Andrea :) said...

Congrats to you! I know you'll do a wonderful job. :)

Dawna said...

You are awesome. Love you!

reisnersest03 said...

CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK!!

Melissa M. said...

I am so excited for you to get to know and love all of your sisters in your ward! They are lucky to have you!