Halloween was a very much anticipated event for our house this year! Tyli asked EVERY morning if it was Halloween day yet (and her birthday, but lets not go there!). She was mostly excited for the glitter spray and getting to wear her wings. My boys had the perfect costumes for them. They LOVE Mario and Luigi! They did have real mustaches that came with the costumes, but it looked better having me paint them on.
We started off the holiday with our preschool party. It went ok, but I kept remembering last year's preschool party (when I started miscarrying) and freaked out so I took it really easy and made it all low key. McKade said it was still fun. Then Friday night was our ward's Trunk or Treat. It was stressful- myself with the 3 kids eating dinner and all wanting to run different directions. (Cauley had a varsity football game.) Dallin is at the age where he thinks he should be able to go off by himself with his friends, but I'm not ready to give him that much freedom. We made it around the parking lot once and I decided I had had enough trying to keep us all together so we left- with fits from all 3 kids of course! The fun part was just about every trunk we went to where the dad was handing out candy, he would say "It's mario and Luigi!" (In a funny Italian accent.) Some even got their camera out of their car and took pictures of the "Mario Brothers! "Then we headed over to my friends the Richetto's for an adult Halloween party. Sarah had hired a babysitter for the kids upstairs which was WONDERFUL! I laughed so hard and had a great time, but wish Cauley could have been there with me! It was fun seeing old friends while getting to know new friends from my new ward. (I'll explain that one in a different post in 1 week!)
The next day was Halloween. With our procrastination, we almost missed out on pumpkin carving this year! I went to 2 stores before being told by someone else looking for pumpkins that had also been to 2 other stores that the only pumpkins left in our area were at the Olive Mill. I drove as fast as I could and actually got the very last one! (I got a 3 dollar discount for that too!) Cauley and the kids had a great time cleaning and carving it, but the smell was too awful for me. It turned out really great! That evening I helped get the kids ready and off they went with Cauley Trick or Treating! (I went to Stake Conference.) They didn't go far but got so much candy that Ty couldn't even carry her bag! (she drug it along behind her until Cauley convinced her to let him carry it.) Again, the boys' costumes here a hit according to Cauley. Some people even thought that Tyli was the princess to finish off the group. (She corrected them of course!)They had a blast though. They really only went a few streets but came home with a bag full each. Now I gotta hide it- from myself!
4 comments:
Your boys look great! Tyli is growing up way too fast.
The kids look great! I know all about doing it all on your own-super mom! Love the Mario and Luigi costumes! I could not find any pumpkins to carve either...wish I had known about the patch at Olive Mill. I had the same problem earlier this year with finding mini eggs at Easter time. Does the QC get the short load or what? Hope you are feeling better!
Cute costumes!! Holly's kids were Mario and Luigi too. Those were so cute!! See you guys at Christmas!!
I am definitely going to need to borrow the Mario & Luigi costumes in a few years. Tyli is so cute!
Post a Comment