My posts all seem to be around one theme: How sick I am during pregnancy. Sorry about that. I did just want to say that I am so blessed.
The only medicine that works that I'm not allergic to that can help me stop throwing up a ton is zophran ODT- the 8 mg one. My last Dr. appointment I was able to finally get the script., but was told my insurance will only cover 12 tabs a month. My dr. and I had set it up so that once I finished my 12 tablets for October, I'd be given an at-home IV pump of the zophran so I wouldn't lose anymore weight. (I had lost only 13 lbs since my last dr appointment, but that's more then they'd like me to lose.) I went and filled my script and was talking to the pharmacist about this. She was really sympathetic because she has a little sister who has the same condition when pregnant (hyperemisis gravadarium) and the pharmacist said she literally had to go live with her sister and help her out during her last pregnancy. She then told me about a loophole she may have found for me to get more medicine, but told me not to get my hopes up, just in case.
Well, I took my last tablet this morning, but felt I needed to try and get more before I wake up tomorrow morning, knowing I'll be too sick if I don't take my meds within the first 5 minutes of regaining consciousness. I went to Walmart and guess what- I GOT MORE!!! The pharmacist just smiled when she saw me and was putting it into the computer before I even got to the counter. She said she was waiting for me to come back. (I had 2 extra tablets from my pregnancy with Tyli that I was saving- and had taken in case I couldn't get more.) I truly felt the hand of the Lord in all of this! I am just so happy right now. I literally had to restrain myself from hugging the pharmacist! I know that Heavenly Father has something for me to be doing right now, and I am praying I am strong and healthy enough to do it! This was a very nice tender mercy for me to receive!
1 comment:
Hooray for tender mercies! Glad you are getting the meds you need to feel better. Let me know what I can do...seriously. I'll come pick up your kids...just email or call me!
Post a Comment