Monday, October 5, 2009

Some relief in site!

I finally figured out why my stinking medicine wasn't working this time- it was the wrong dose! I had saved some of my Z. from when I had been pregnant with Tyli because we fought HARD to get the insurance to cover it (it's very expensive otherwise!!!) and so even though it was expired, I vowed I would still use it when it came down to me being sick or not. So, I pulled it out, and in a moment of stupor, sat daydreaming/staring at the box that last time brought me so much relief. My eye finally caught the mg # and I about cried. My new prescription was for 2mg, and my old one was for 8mg! YEA!!! No wonder it wasn't working- I was only getting 1/4 the dose that after trial and error we know DOES work!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I hope you can get it fixed so you will be able to feel better soon.

T and A said...

good luck getting that straightened (sp?) out. keep us updated

Traeger Tribe said...

I'm so glad you figured that out... I'm still a few weeks away from hitting my "sickest" point with Colton but if/when I do, I'll be calling you to find out about this medicine. They wouldn't give me anything in Canada - even after I started throwing up blood! Sorry hopefully you're reading this after your dosage has been corrected! ha ha