Have you ever gone grocery shopping and saved so much money you can't sit still? That's exactly what I did last night! Sara R. and I went to Fry's amongst all the lightning and thunder after we put our kids to bed. Yes, we were gone over 2 hours, but I don't think Cauley minded once he saw all the loot and was told the final bill. (it didn't help us being gone so long that at one point all the power was knocked out in the store leaving us completely in the dark for about a minute!) Anyways, the picture doesn't do it justice- you can't even see the back of the table which was just as full! My grand total before everything started being taken off was $210.53 and once the savings started falling, I ended up with a bill of $31.23!!! Whoot whoot! I had to smile when the cashier next to us started clapping and our cashier just swore. Sara did equally well! My most expensive items were my milk, grapes, and tomatoes, which were all on sale. No, I don't do coupon sense or anything like that, I just am good at shopping the adds, and now I'm printing off coupons from on-line as well as loading electronic coupons on my shoppers card (Fry's /Smith's, Safeway, Basha's, etc.). For any of you who don't where to start, email me and I'll send you a list of electronic coupon sites as well as places to print off coupons- then, just watch the ads! Oh, and for those who are skeptical, I ONLY bought what we use and need. (Yes, we will eat all 12 boxes of cereal and I'm gonna go back today and get more cause we'll eat that too!)
***Thank you, Sara, for showing me how it's done!!!
9 comments:
I am so impressed! It is amazing that there are coupons and sales out there to totally help us all out.
amazing!
What is this electronic coupon business? I totally want the scoop!!!
I could use some instruction, I have done coupon sense before and didn't want to spend the money on their fee and newspapers so if you know the trick do tell!
I Seriously LOVE this!!! WOWZAS!!!!! And I love your blog!!! Now, I'm gonna be checking it all the time!!!
Wow...that's unreal! I want in!
Please share with me too! Great job!
LOVE IT! I too spent almost 2 hours at Fry's doing their buy 10 sale... and I spent 2 hours beforehand figuring out which e-coupons I could matchup with paper coupons for double savings! It's addicting!
Isn't it fun. I just taught a class on couponing on Saturday and I had so many people tell me it wasn't worth their time. Whatever!! I got $40 worth of baby wipes (12 Huggies brand boxes)the other day for $1.34 for all 12 and that was only because I lost 2 of my coupons or I would have been paid to take them away.
Good job on all your deals!!!
nice! that's awesome! the people behind you in line were probably bummed about their bill!
Post a Comment