Thursday, August 27, 2009

What? I have a blog?

This past month has been CRAZY for me and my family, but I'll admit, I have forgotten I have a blog. I read all yours, but since I found Facebook, I forgot to post anything here. So be prepared for a very full post- LOTS has gone on this past month!



Dallin started school on August 5. Isn't he the cutest first grader you've ever seen? (I love how he is posed! EVERY picture taken of him he always stands funny and poses for the camera.) I have a love/hate relationship with back to school time. I love getting my routine back, and love that Dallin has somewhere to go, something to do, but I don't like it because it also means Cauley goes back to school. (he's a high school teacher, remember?) Anyways, after Dallin went back, Cauley had a few days before he too went back. Of course, we are well underway with the school year now and also the football season. Cauley's first game is next week. Good luck, Knights! Dallin is loving his new teacher Ms. Mortara, and is starting to make new friends here in this new school. His favorite "subject" is recess where he gets to play tether ball. He has already started the L.E.A.P. program this year too, which he has really enjoyed so far.

Due to a family funeral, my Grandma Ruth and Uncle John (and my Uncle Mel and Aunt Bev, but they weren't there when we visited) came down to AZ. They stayed a few night's at my Uncle Brent's home so we got to spend a Sunday evening over there catching up. It was fun meeting Erin's new husband, Derek's girlfriend, and just chit chatting with my grandma! Take a good look at the picture because I want to point out a few things:
1. McKade's broken foot. Yes, he's my same child that had just barely got his cast off his arm! How he broke it was he was feeding Chim Chim, and was holding the weight we keep on top of the dog food container to keep the beast out when Chimmy ran into him, knocking the weight out of his hands and onto McKade's foot/big toe. (Yes, the same weight Tyli dropped on her hand, breaking/smashing her fingers!) Two days later I took him to urgent care, followed by a referral to the Podiatrist who confirmed McKade had broken his big toe right up to the growth plate and also chipped a good part of the bone on top of his foot. He has to keep that "boot/shoe" on for yet another 2+ weeks (this happened over 3 weeks ago!) and he's not supposed to run, jump, swim, ride bikes, scooter, or anything of the sorts until it is fully healed. (Yah right!) The Dr. said at his last appointment that in 3 weeks we could start taking off the boot for up to an hour a day, but he'd still be wearing it on a full time basis until at least the end of October. There went the rest of our summer spent in the pool!
2. Look at my cousin Erin. (She's on the left standing right beside/behind my grandma.) Isn't she gorgeous? LOOK HOW HAPPY SHE IS! That makes me happy! She and Jason (the man standing beside her) got married this past year, and we just now got to meet him. Both Cauley and I like him. He's really nice and fits well into our family. CONGRATS EN!!!
3. Notice the skirt I'm wearing? I made it! Yes, me who isn't all too crafty- sewed! Thanks to Rachel H., I now know how to make a few cute shirts, dresses, and possibly even a shirt! Thanks, Rach!

McKade discovered a new trick at dinner one night. He saw someone do it on TV and I guess decided to give it a try. You never new my son was so talented, did you?

Master of the spoon on the nose!

This is my beautiful, growing-up-way-too-fast, "do it myself" daughter! I can't remember when we did it, but she is fully potty-trained now! One day we woke up, decided it was the day, and went for it. Girls are a little different than boys, but I wouldn't say one is easier than the other! She has now been accident free for almost 3 straight weeks! (so we must have started the first week of August?) Anyways, Tyli is such a big girl. I have never had a child so insistent on doing EVERYTHING them self! She even insists on pouring her own cereal and milk, which always ends in a power struggle and long morning for me. But she's adorable and I love her to pieces!

Tyli's toes. If you ask, she'll say "Jami painted them!" Remember back in April when I participated in The Relay for Life for my friend Rashelle who had cancer? well, the day before she was "re staged" a group of us friends got together and watched 17 Again, ate pizza, and did pedicures. So fun! Anyways, Rashelle painted my toes a bright turquoise blue and they have white polka dots, so I painted Ty's to go with mine. The best part was the next day when we got the news that Rashelle is now in Remission!!! Yay! We love you Rashelle!

Here is Tyli after she dressed herself for McKade's party. Instead of shorts, she put her little legs through the arm holes of a pj shirt! Also, notice the miss matched shoes- story of her life!

This one, like all of these, deserves a post of it's own, but I am not going to get there, so here we go: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MCKADE!!! My big boy turned 4 last Sunday! It was such a long day for me- McKade's birthday, McKade's first talk in primary (which he did so good on! He spoke very loud and clearly into the microphone and we are so proud of him!), I taught a last-minute lesson in RS, and then McKade's little family party after dinner. Talk about exhausting! Oh yes, I also got a new calling, but you'll have to wait until later for me to talk about that. Back to the party: McKade had his very first b-day party filled with lots of fun presents, yummy cupcakes and smoothies, and great company! I asked what kind of games and he said he didn't want any, so that's what we did. We started off with the healthy stuff (fruit smoothies) as we all chit chatted with each other. Then, we went to the cupcakes, and then presents. The best part was McKade was so excited to have all his cousins who live in AZ there. We even had Vincent, his 2nd cousin, who McKade informed us before he came that he'd better be there because he had "inbited" him. We love you so much, McKade, and I feel so blessed to be the mother of an adorable, sweet little boy!

For those of you who don't know who this handsome young man is, let me introduce you to my little brother-in-law, Jeff. Hands off, ladies, he's taken! "Uncle" Jeff came home for a quick stay on vacation from BYU. His girlfriend, Brittany also was here in the valley for about a week, so we got to meet her. We all got together for a big family dinner one night, and then we invited Jeff and Brittany over for dinner the next night. We think she's beautiful and a great match for Jefferson! We are so excited for them, and hope the future brings much happiness to them. My kids absolutely adore their Uncle Jeff so this is the picture we took when we went to tell him goodbye. (Dallin was at school.)

Preschool starts on the 1st of September for me. YAY! I finally got my preschool room (it's also the toy room) painted and put together. This is the shot from the doorway...

The shot from where you just saw...

The shot standing by my big walk-in storage closet, and I don't know what happened to the picture of the other wall. It is really cute though- it just has the same polka dots all over it. So fun!

Well, that's a real quick recap of this month. hopefully i don't forget about you all again because next month is gonna be just as busy!

3 comments:

AudyCamp said...

sounds like a busy month! glad things are calming down..love your preschool room. :)

Anonymous said...

What a crazy busy month/summer you've had.
You have an adorable little family!

Reisner's said...

So who died? We are so out of the loop. We didn't even know Bradleys parents went to Arizona.
Your kids are so cute! I love see pictures of them expecially that little girl of yours. She is so stinkin cute!