Friday, May 8, 2009

So glad yesterday is over!

Yesterday, Thursday, was a very hectic day for me. I won't even be able to begin to tell you the amount of stress I felt from around 9:15 a.m. on. It was supposed to be a very fun, relaxing day, but instead I ran around the valley with a HUGE grin on my face. I was really taking it easy in the morning, taking my sweet time getting myself and the kids ready for our outing. I hadn't even begun cleaning anything, but sat on the couch and watched a half hour of tv before taking Dallin to school, slowly ate my breakfast, took a warm, leisurely shower, and then started packing the swimming bag. That's when our Realtor called and asked if we could be in Scottsdale at 2:00 to sign on our new house. I ran like crazy, trying to set up a babysitter, get everyone dressed, get Cauley's schedule in order so he could miss a class and one of his last track practices, an on and on- you get my idea; the stress started to rise. Then I called my realtor back to ask a question and he informed me there was an office in Gilbert that we could sign at instead of going to Scottsdale (saving over 45 minutes at least of driving in one direction!) and that this appointment would be after Cauley's track practice. I took it, then began re-calling everyone I had just set stuff up with, cancelling Cauley needing to find a sub for 5th hour and track, my babysitter who couldn't help out after 3, calling and finalizing plans for swimming, and of course, getting us ready to be gone for the rest of the day. I left the house 15 minutes later, car packed and ready to go, kids excited to go swimming, and an even higher stress level.
I met Stephanie at the Basha High School Pool (I highly recommend if you have little kiddos!) and we let the kids swim for an hour or so. It was a ton of fun, plus it wore them out! We left the pool, ran to get them some pizza, drove to Steph's house to change and throw some pizza in my face, then drove to my new house for my final inspection. (Not that you care, but my new house is still in wonderful condition- just needs some dusting and a vacuum cleaner!) By the way, I need to say THANK YOU!!! to Stephanie for keeping my kids all afternoon, making my running around a lot easier! After the inspection, I ran to the bank to get our down payment, then to pick up Cauley at his track practice, and since we had time, we stopped off to see our wonderful Uncle Kent before heading to the title company. Our signing was, in my opinion, really fun. It seemed to go by really fast, and I laughed about all the stupid (I know- that word is banned from our house, but really, for lack of a better word!...) documents we had to sign. I think we signed over 13 papers that basically just told us nothing more than the fact that we belong to an HOA. Seriously. The lady who was in charge laughed when, at the end, I asked if we belonged to an HOA or if we didn't need to worry about that. Other than being fun, our signing was very low-key. Because we have waited for so long, I almost expected a fanfare or something. But guess what... IT'S DONE!!! WE SIGNED!!! Now if only we had the keys so I can take over my new vacuum...
Well, after we signed, I dropped Cauley back off at his school so he could get his car. He then went to the cell phone store to finally get his Christmas present I gave him- a new cell phone and blue tooth, and then he went to Costco for me. I headed back to Steph's to pick up the kids, then we went to KFC for the free dinner from Oprah. Bad news, our KFC that is less than 1 mile from our house wasn't honoring the coupons yet- I had to fill out a rain check and will receive them within 7 business days. Instead we went over to our new house and walked around the outside, just for fun. The boys are getting so excited (thanks to me talking up the big move!) Tyli had fallen asleep in the car and didn't want to be bothered. Finally, at 7:00 we got home, hungry because we had been denied the only idea I had for dinner. After eating a bowl of cereal, the boys were off to bed, with me so happy yet tired to get them there! Today, not so busy, just starting to pack, cleaning up what didn't get done yesterday, and keeping the kids cool. (This heat is really getting to me already! I don't like it when it doesn't cool down so much at nights!) Now I'm just itching to go vacuum the floors at my new house!

4 comments:

Heather Weir said...

Congrats on the new house. For a hectic day you seemed to handle it better then I would. I probably would have canceled swimming and be just crazy at home thinking about the new house. Which we are in the looking zone for homes and have made a few offers. It is a crazy feeling getting a new house!

Tim and Laurel said...

yea!!!! I am so sad to have you leave the ward, but so excited this FINALLY is done!! Can't wait to see the new house!

Scott & Natalie sherwood said...

Yippee!!!! I guess if you have to be busy, signing papers for a new house is a good reason to be busy.

Melissa M. said...

Let me know if you need any help.
I happy for you that it's finalized!