Well, I know all of you have been waiting by the edge of your seats to know what we've been up to, so here is a quick recap. First of all, I want you all to know I am typing this using our NEW high-speed Internet, not having to pray that my old dial-up will kick me out at any time and not let me publish. YAY for us! If I had taken any pictures recently, I would post them, but for now, just words.
A week after signing on the house, we FINALLY got our keys! Lets just say I am glad it is officially ours and we are now living here because my patience was definitely tried these past few months! I started cleaning right away and a BIG thanks once again to Stephanie, my sister in law for helping with everything! There were nights we cleaned until very late at night, but all of our hard work paid off! Cauley was a little impatient about moving things in so it ended up being him, me, and Steph moving everything mostly ourselves. Brad and Mike did help a lot too, but we had most of the heaviest, biggest stuff (besides the piano) moved before they were available to help out. I decided after having to carry our king sized bed, and all our bedroom furniture upstairs that I didn't like my stairs so much anymore. (But now that I've stepped on the scale and seen the weight loss along with the slightly thinner thighs and buns, I love them once again!) Anyways, we had to move in super fast because it was such a busy week for Cauley before he headed off to Georgia.
I have to stop and brag about my hard working husband right now. (I know I shouldn't brag, but I just gotta.) He is so awesome, and I am so thankful for him and the way he was raised- to be a hard worker. We got the keys to the house late Thursday evening, but had no power (electricity) to clean with until Friday. He worked hard fixing things and cleaning things after track practice on Friday and again Saturday morning before heading off to the State Tack Meet- which his team (Higley Boys') came in 2nd place in (way to go, Coach!) and also one of his pole vaulters won state as well as other people. Higley just did really well, and they beat Queen Creek for the first time ever! (Go Knights!) Anyways, Sunday was a much needed day of rest before his Monday of finals and moving, Tuesday of finals and finish moving, and then Wednesday was graduation. Thursday he still had school (for teachers it was their last day) and also his Track Banquet, and then Friday was Dallin's Kindergarten graduation followed by the very very last of the moving in. Saturday he got up early and worked hard doing and fixing things for me before he left late in the morning to head to the airport with Brad and Steph to fly to Georgia to help Ryan and Jenn pack, clean, and move back to AZ. He got home very early this morning and spent much of the day helping them unload. I love this man so much! What a great example for our kids!
Anyways, since he was gone, I worked hard getting our house in order. The walls are still white with nail holes and no decorations, but everything but 3 boxes (computer stuff, Cauley's scoll stuff, and one I'm avoiding of just junk) have been gone through and put away. I must say that this house seems very empty! I am used to walking into Tyli's room to see wall-to-wall (and floor to ceiling) storage but now it only contains her bed, dresser, and the changing table. Even her closet is bare! Good thing she has a zillion shoes (she's a shoe-aholic with friends who feed her addiction by passing down all of their small fitting shoes!). The boys' room is much the same as we decided last minute to put all of the toys in the extra room downstairs as a play room, emptying their room too. My bedroom is so big that Cauley and I laughed the first night we slept in it because in our old house, we'd have to pretty much scoot in sideways between the wall and our bed. Our new room is so spacious that we both ended up sleeping toward the middle of the bed because we felt like we were going to fall out. My living room seems empty, but contains all of our furniture. I need some suggestions about decorating everything, so PLEASE come by with an opinion! Maybe for our anniversary we can buy a can of paint to cover our very white walls! (this house feels so big that it may take at least 15 more anniversaries to do away with our white walls!) Anyways, we have a whole week to work on anything that needs done before heading up to Idaho. Cauley starts summer weights on Monday so he'll be gone a few hours in the morning and then a few hours each afternoon Mon-Thurs. for the rest of the summer.
So much fun having Jenn, Ryan, Mike, Brent, and Tye living back here. My kids have been so excited to see them and play with their cousins. We are happy everyone but a coyote and Ryan's bumper on his new car made it back safe and sound! (I'm sure Cauley will write about that soon- check his blog- it's the first one on my sidebar under family.) Anyways, I have tons to write about and so many stories to tell. Hopefully I get out the camera and take pictures so I can post them too! Check back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment