Some of you may know about my friend Rashelle. She was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma back in November. She has completed chemo and continues to be a positive example for us all. One of her greatest friends, Marie, decided that for Christmas this year she would put together a team for the Queen Creek Relay for Life in honor of Rashelle. (WE were Team R-Bug, Rashelle's nickname.) There were so many of us friends that we almost had to put together 2 teams! This past weekend was our time to relay! We had way too much fun! Many tears were shed, either sad or because we were laughing so hard, but overall, it was an experience none of us will soon forget!
3 friends of mine who participated in the "Survivor's Walk".
Jodi Meadows with her mom, Chrys, a survivor of Breast cancer. Chrys is in my ward and I am so glad she came! I have admired her for many years now, and continue to be amazed at her courage, wisdom, and overall attitude for life.
Jodi, Chrys, Lezlie, and Geoff B. (Lezlie is also one of Chrys's daughters who came to watch and support her mom.)
The Spence Family
Kahmeah, Marie (our team captain), Justin, and Cooper
Check out the shirts- Rashelle designed them and then we sold them for a fundraiser. Aren't they AWESOME!?! (If you're interested, we are placing another order!)
This is Marie and I starting our walk at 4:00 a.m. Nobody had signed up for this time slot so Marie and I fulfilled it. Overall, I walked 7.25 miles! The weather was perfect the entire time. We had so much fun eating, dancing, eating, playing volleyball, eating, walking, chatting like only girlfriends can do, and of course, eating! We started packing up around 5:30 a.m. and left after closing ceremonies which were at 6:00. I definitely want to do this again next year!
1 comment:
Jami,
Thanks for you support! You were so awesome to stick it out with me the whole time (3:30PM-6:30AM). I will send you the picture that I took of all of us with the sunrise in the background!
Your a GREAT Friend!
Marie
Post a Comment