Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Won!!!

In my life, I have entered many sweepstakes, contests, drawing, so on. I do have to say that it is a very good thing that I don't gamble, as about 99.9% of the time I have not been the "chosen winner." This even includes twice, yes, my friends, two times of going to Round Table, a monthly District adult leader Cub Scout Meeting, and after adding my name for the early bird drawing, been the only one who didn't get chosen for a prize! (TWICE!) How do I know this? Well, because both times they announced that there was only one ticket left, but the prizes were all gone! (they did add a "sorry to whoever you are!" for that, leaving me feeling non the better!) Anyways, the news...

On March 19th Cauley and I went to the Macy's Pre-Grand opening sale at the San Tan Mall. We purchased our tickets through his track team as their fundraiser, entered into the drawing for four different prizes with the biggest being a $500 shopping spree, and shopped the whole store. I won't bore you with the purchases we got for a really good deal that day. Well, yesterday I got a phone call from Macy's telling me I was one of the 4 big winners.
"Is this a joke?" I asked.
The lady on the other end sounded insulted. "NO. Your name was chosen as one of our sweepstakes winners."
Now, before any of you start thinking I won the $500 pot, please be advised that I did not. I did however, win a facial. Yes, I get a FREE 30 minute facial, which, coming from Macy's probably is worth $500! On top of that, I was told that I have won another prize as well, but can't be told what over the phone. I will receive that after my facial. Knowing my luck is only so strong, I am looking forward to collecting my free lipstick or eye cream which I will probably never use after my facial is over!
I cannot begin to tell you how ecstatic I am about my winnings!

2 comments:

Dawna said...

Yay! Enjoy your facial! I've always wanted one.

Andrea :) said...

Wa Hoo! Good for you! :) I hope you enjoy your facial.