Saturday, November 8, 2008

Update

It has been a long time since I've posted again, but I've kinda been out of commission here. Sorry. As I told you before, I had another miscarriage. On Sunday I started cramping and bleeding real bad so Cauley took me to the ER. After an exam and ultrasound, I was once again told to go see my dr. for a follow-up. The next day in his office, I was told what I had is actually called a missed abortion. (I REALLY hate that term!) It is very much like a miscarriage, but the baby never formed. There is no explanation for this, but most people who have miscarriages can have what I had and not even know it. On Wednesday I was hurting a lot and so I tried to ease my pain by taking a shower. I made the mistake of looking down only to see I was losing LARGE amounts of blood down both legs. I got out of the shower, got dressed, and prayed as hard as I could. I knew something wasn't right. I called the dr and he set me up with an emergency D&C for first thing in the morning. (I was NOT to get up until then.) So, Thursday morning at 4:40 a.m., Cauley I were on our way to surgery. I was nervous, of course, but Cauley seemed real calm about everything. The surgery went great, but when I woke up I felt as if something bad had happened to my bladder. The nurse kept asking if I was in pain, and since I was still out of it, I would yell, YAH! She gave me 2 shots of morphine before I could ask if I had a catheter which was killing me. "Oh, it must have scratched you or something." was her reply. When it came time to go home, I found I could barely walk because of the pain from my catheter. It wasn't until later that afternoon/night that I decided I needed to call the Dr about this problem. The next day I drove myself (which I was later told by the pharmacist that I was NOT supposed to do!- in Cauley's defense, I told him I thought I would be fine and for him to stay home with the kids.) to my dr.'s office and they confirmed that I have "a REALLY bad infection in there!" Duh! The bad part is that since I am already on some meds from my surgery, I can't have the nice orange medicine that numbs everything down there and turns your urine orange- just antibiotics. I can't even think straight with all these drugs in me! (You should see how long this is taking me to type!) Anyways, I know this is all jumbled and very straight forward, but for those of you who have called and I haven't called back I hope it is enough explanation as to why I haven't called back yet. I am feeling a little better today so maybe by tomorrow I'll be up running after my kids again. Until then, I think I'll put in another movie and take a nap!

5 comments:

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

I keeping hoping things will get better for you! And then to ready that made me ache for you! I know this is a rough patch for you, but think of all the blessing are going to be coming your way. Keep you head up, I wish I was closer to help you out!

San Tan Bullies--Johnson Family said...

Jami, I am so sorry! I wish I would of known earlier and was there to help with your kids. I know this is stressful and I hope you are starting to feel better. We sure love you and will keep praying for you

Cori said...

That sounds terrible. I really hope you start feeling better soon. If you need help with the kids at all, let us know. We'll be thinking about you. Hope everything is okay.

brady lady said...

i am sorry for your loss and the bad experience you have had so far, hang in there. i was amazed to see you at church yesterday, your a trooper!

Scott & Natalie sherwood said...

Jami,
I am so sorry all these thing have been happening to you. I hope you are starting to feel better now. We will keep you and your little family in our prayers.