Tyli keeps us laughing, ok, I can't lie- ALL my kids keep us laughing! (I used Ty's name because she's the first I'm going to write about!) We could really tell what kind of a football season Cauley had when we listened to TyTy watch football on TV on Saturday. She walked into the room and clapped her hands saying, "Yay, bootball (football). Go Knigh(t)s, go! Oh shoot!" The funniest part was that the game hadn't started- they were just warming up so nothing was happening. As we continued to watch the game, she continued to say "Oh shoot!" at the end of each play.
McKade woke up the other day, and after a few minutes, he said "there's a cricket in my nose!" I didn't get it at first, but after trying to listen to what he was really saying, I heard his little whistling boogie too, and yes, it did sound like a cricket!
My kids like to complain that they are either too hot or cold whenever we get in the car. Dallin likes to roast, while the other two would rather freeze. As we were driving to Costco the other day McKade exclaimed that he was "hot, cold, fuzzy, and cozy!" (I wonder what that feels like!)
Now it's Dallin's turn. I realy should write these down in the little journal I started specifically for these moments, but I don't so right now I am drawing a blank except for this one instance the other day. Someone stuck a flyer through our door for Qwest. Dallin ran over and got it, showed it to me and I told him to put it in the garbage. "But Mom, don't you want to 'get in the loop'?" I'm also getting frusterated because he's learning to spell/read everything. Tonight after dinner I asked Cauley if there was anymore j-u-i-c-e left because Ty was asking for more. "Yah, dad, is there anymore juice left?" The little turkey wasn't even in the room when she asked, so I have no idea where he learned that. Do they teach that kind of reading in the 1st semester of Kindergarten?
Hadley isn't one of my children, but she is one of my preschool kids. This month we are talking about healthy bodies and I asked everyone to show me where their body was. Hadley quickly jumped onto her chair, turned around, grabbed her bum, and, while shaking it, yelled "Here it is!"
Later that same preschool day, we were talking about the Word of Wisdom. Toward the end of our class I asked everyone what we were talking about (just to refresh memories) and Becca raised her hand. When I called on her, she said "It's something like the Word of White Gum?" She was clearly confused- good thing 4 year olds don't need to know what it is called, just what it means.
There have been way too many other hilarious moments at our house, so this is my vow to write things down!
No comments:
Post a Comment