Wednesday, November 12, 2008

How the...


Yesterday, we were all busy around the house doing various things, when I heard a gigantic THUD in the bathroom. I knew that Dallin had gone in a few moments before and was wondering what he was doing when I heard him crying. Cauley and I both reached the bathroom at the same time to find Dallin lying on the floor holding his forehead crying. We found no marks, and told him to "suck it up!" His explanation as to what happened was he was sitting on the toilet and was trying to take off his pants so he could be "more comfortable" and he fell off the toilet and hit his head. He finished up and was told to go back to his room and finish cleaning it. After about 10 minutes of cleaning/playing with the stuff under his bed, he walked into the kitchen and this is what I found! His eye was almost swollen shut (from hanging upside down off his bed) and was really black and purple! I wish I had taken a picture today, as it is REALLY super black today, but thanks to a loving, caring dad who cleaned his room for him while Dallin iced his eye, the swellings gone down a little. Really, people, his eye is not a pretty site and this picture Cauley took does NOT do justice! I am a mean mom, as every time I, looked at him yesterday, I laughed- out loud. How do you fall off a toilet like that? I'm awaiting the phone call from the school- there's no way they'll take him serious about how he got the nice shiner! (I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't been one of the first on the scene!)

5 comments:

Jen said...

that is too hilarious! i love the smile he has going on in the picture too!

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

Sounds like you have had fun lately! Dont you just love the joy that kids bring into our lives! :)Hope your feeling better

Leilani said...

That has to be the best way I've ever heard of getting a black eye. Thanks for the laugh!

Mead Family said...

I'm so glad I got to see these black eye in person! That is so ridiculously funny!

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

Sorry to double post, but could you email me your address. Trying to make a Christmas card list. Thanks krushdi@yahoo.com