Wednesday, August 27, 2008

With the rain comes much laughter!

Our summer monsoons have come back, but not without the funny comments made by my now 3 year old! The other day we were at Fry's (a grocery store right down the street from my house) in the afternoon. It was thundering and lightning outside, and just as we were going down the cereal isle a big clap of thunder sounded, "shaking" the big building we were in. McKade screamed out "We're all going to die! Run!" and kept repeating this for about a minute. Everyone on our isle and the two surrounding us were laughing hysterically, and one lady even had to come over and tell me how McKade had made her day. Then, this morning as I lay in bed listening to the downpour outside and giving a prayer of gratitude for the rain, I heard my boys up looking out their bedroom window. McKade comes running down the hall to announce that it was raining in their room. I quickly got out of bed and he asked me "Are you coming to save us?" Needless to say, I couldn't help but giggle at his serious and innocent question. That is, until I found out that it wasn't raining in their room, the window was leaking and the water was running in between their window sills. I turned to go get a cloth to clean up the mess only to find McKade with the biggest bucket he could find in his arms to "catch all the water." I love his innocence!

1 comment:

Reisner's said...

I can't believer how big your family has grown. Last time we saw you your little one was only maybe 6 months old or something. What a cute family. I'm glad we can keep in touch a little better.