Tuesday, September 2, 2008
And yet, another trip to the Dr!
When my children say they're sick, I don't pay much attention until the throwing up or anything unpleasant starts happening. Two weeks into Kindergarten, Dallin came home from school one day with his eyes practically glued shut telling me not how his day of Kindergarten was, but how much his eyes really hurt. It only took a few days and lots of drops for all signs/symptoms of his pink eye to disappear. Then, last night he didn't eat very well, and was unusually quiet before bed. He was up a number of times for silly, trivial things like to get a drink but returning to bed without actually getting a drink and so on. When I got up (way too early) this morning, I found him lying on the couch "freezing." After taking his temp., I decided he might not be going to school today. It only took a few minutes before he started saying his ears hurt. I gave him some motrin and he started feeling better, so we went ahead with preschool and I sent him on to Kindergarten. When I picked him up, he started crying as soon as he saw me and told me his ears really hurt. Hmm. Off to the Dr? Yup. (They couldn't take any more patients for the rest of the day, so I had to go to Twilight Pediatrics.) I ended up dropping off the two younger ones to Cauley as he ended his football practice and took Dallin to the Dr. After a 2 hour wait, and YES, it really was a 2 hour wait (we got there a little before 6 and got out about 20 after 8!), we were finally seen. I felt so bad for Dallin as he sat in the waiting room holding his ears and either moaning or just letting the tears fall because he was in so much pain. I think the only thing that got him through was I promised him he could go get whatever he wanted to eat when we were done. The only things he wanted was a Diet Coke and ice cream. (He must be my son, eh?) Anyways, the dr. ended up giving us the "strong and very expensive" stuff, but hopefully it works. I am praying that this isn't a preview of what is to come this cold and flue season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
don't you just love the wait!! Poor guy, I hope he starts feeling better soon!
It seems like his porr little ears have been through alot in his short little life. I hope he is feeling better and can get back to school soon.
Post a Comment