Today McKade had his 3 year check up with Dr. Jones. (I really, really like this DR.!) He is 40 inch. tall (70%), weighs in at 29 1/4 lbs. (20%), and is doing great overall. We did find out today that he has what is called an innocent heart murmur. I was getting worried as Dr. Jones kept listening to his heart, lying him down to listen, making McKade crunch into a sit-up position to listen, and then repeating this for about 10 minutes without saying anything. I guess it is common in really skinny small children, and it is nothing to worry about, but as his mother, I am still worried. They will check it next year to see if it has gone away, and if not, we may be sent to a cardiologist. Other than that, Dr. Jones was very impressed and said McKade is the smartest, best behaved 3 year old he has ever seen. (As his mother, I don't quite agree with the best behaved all the time, but he was very good at the Dr. today.) McKade wouldn't stop spouting off random facts about himself, which was funny like when his birthday is, how to spell his name, what color of shirt everyone in the family wore today, and how long he sat on the toilet yesterday before church because "he had a lot of poo." I for once, couldn't get this child to stop talking!
I am so grateful to have McKade in my life. He is such a blessing, and I learn new things everyday just because I get to be his mother. I love you, McKade, Happy Birthday, Buddy!
2 comments:
He is so cute!! and smart too! Riley has an innocent heart murmur and she has had it for about 2-3 years now, but the dr. keeps telling me as long as she can run around and play w/out having to stop like an old woman for a breather, then she is fine. i do love the lots of poo thing!!
Happy Birthday McKade. I miss Peter Piper Pizza for an easy birthday.
Post a Comment