Friday, July 25, 2008

PT

Yup, it's that time. (Well, according to my pediatrician, we should have started at 18 months!) Potty Training Time. McKade's time to "grow up." Since we potty trained Dallin just before his 3rd birthday, we decided to do the same with McKade. Tyli will probably loose the diapers at or before 2, as she is wanting to be potty trained more than McKade.
We started yesterday, following many of the guidelines from a book we bought on line called Toilet training in Less Than A Day. So far, so good. By noon yesterday McKade was going by himself and using the toilet, all except for #2. He has so far refused to do that. I have a friend who's little boy would hold it, but eventually he got the hang of it, so I'm not too worried. Any tips? We've been accident free for almost 24 hours (except for a little incident that just occurred because Dallin refused to get off the toilet to let Mckade on!) and I am so proud of my big boy! Tyli stands at the door and says "go pee pee" the whole time McKade is occupying the bathroom. (Which is making McKade laugh like crazy.) He has really good aim, and does better standing than sitting, which is nice. I love watching him celebrate afterword by jumping up and down in a circle with his underwear still around his ankles. Now if only we can get him to go #2...

3 comments:

Melissa M. said...

I had the same problem with my boy, not wanting to go #2. I went out and bought him some books with his favorite characters (so they would be new and special) and I kept them in the bathroom. He would sit and look at the books and...let's just say it worked for him.
Best of luck!

Cori said...

I think I'm going to have the same problem with Vincent! Congrats on facing 'pt', I'm still too nervous! If Vincent needs to go #2 he goes off by himself and if I go into the room he's in he tells me 'leave me alone mom, go away' but hopefully sooner or later. That book sounds interesting!

Jen said...

Awesome!! I used that book too and it worked well for us too. Except the whole they should do it completely by themselves wiping and everything after a day. Riley's arms are just barely long enough to reach around now. Such a shrimp. But other than that we really did have it down in a day. My kids didn't really have any #2 issues. they usually had it down in a day or 2. Good luck!!