Monday, July 28, 2008

Potty Talk

HE DID IT!!!!
After a few accidents and a lot of frustration on my part, McKade has finally gone poo in the potty! I knew he was scared to do it in the toilet so I got out our little potty chair that sits on the floor (the old fashion kind) this morning. We sat together for over an hour this afternoon, but nothing. Then for an early Family Home Evening activity we watched a movie before dinner. Towards the end, he announced he had to go and ran in and sat down on the little potty and went. YAY!!!! The best part is that he now does everything by himself. No more asking and prompting, he'll just go whenever the need arises. Every kid is different, and my boys proved that with this potty training thing. I'm just glad it's over. (well, the tough, frustrating part is anyways.) He hasn't wet the bed yet, and proved he'll get up to go like he did in the middle of last night. So it wasn't completed in a day, but I'll take 4 days over a few weeks or more! I didn't post a picture of the afterword celebration because he was being too shy for the camera.

3 comments:

Jen said...

YAY!! What a fabulous day! Congrats!!

Shari Baker said...

Congrats to you, a successful Potty Training Mother, as well as to McKade, a succesfully potty trained little boy! 4 Days is amazing from what I've heard.

Martins said...

Yay!!!! That's the hardest part!