What a weekend! We all loaded our cars and headed to a secluded spot outside of Show Low, AZ for the Turley family reunion. We "camped out" in a very old church, which fit our family very well. We had plenty of rooms for everyone to sleep in, giving every family their own room, and everyone had their own bed. The "Relief Society room was changed into our "dining room" and provided enough space at the table for a majority of the people to eat. The cultural hall was my kids' favorite, providing loads of fun with ping pong, a pool table, and enough space for all our crafts, games, and running around. There was even an area (chapel maybe?) where we had couches and a big screen TV with satellite cable! This was where we all would meet for family time, which included games, meetings, and, of course, laughter and tears. My personal favorite area of this old church was the old baptismal font which had been changed into a big shower (which I don't think anyone used!). Our kids had so much fun running around this huge building with cousins old and young! I had a wonderful time chatting with Aunts and Uncles and had a great time with my two nephews, Parker and Bryce. My mother-in-law planned a lot of the reunion, with help from Aunt Gerry, and I must say they did a phenomenal job! I love spending time with this side of our family, and am grateful for the opportunity to go to our reunion again this year! (A BIG thank you to Aunt Gerry for everything!) I can't wait for next year!
Grandma Kathy (my mother-in-law) and McKade outside "exploring."
My kids taking their bath Saturday night in an old tub.
A fun family moment at a park in Show Low.
Brad and Bryce
1 comment:
that sounds fun! picturing the church in my head is fun. I have never heard of a building being used like that. how fun and bizarre!!
Post a Comment