I can't believe my big boy is 5 already! He looks 5, according to him, and I agree, but it hasn't really been 5 years since I had him, has it?
The kids and I had a great time looking at Dallin's scrapbook and talking about the day he was born. He loved seeing pictures of him from that time and the year following his birth. I think we spent a little over an hour doing this, but it kept them occupied. McKade thought every picture was of him, and Tyli just kept saying, "baby!" I loved looking at this almost more than they did.
Dallin is a very strong, opinionated boy (just like him mom!). He was convinced we HAD to go to Peter Piper Pizza for a party. Since it was his year to not have a party, we were hesitant, but decided to take our family and have fun. Brad and Stephanie and their boys joined us, and we all had a great time together. Dallin sure loves his cousins and was so excited to see that they were there. (Aunt) Stephanie bought him some tokens for his birthday, so the kids all enjoyed playing games and riding the rides. Dallin liked a video game the best, and the most wonderful part was that for some reason, he was playing off someone else's tokens and played for free for about 20 minutes! He even beat Steph and I at Air Hockey (well, kinda- the score said he won, but you know, it was his birthday!)
After dinner, we headed to Grandma's house for brownies and ice cream. Dallin was so excited for his presents, it was fun watching him try not to look at them. He absolutely loved everything he got, and was feeling pretty overwhelmed towards the end. I snuck out and got his new bike Cauley and I surprised him with. He was hesitant riding it at first as it is MUCH bigger then the one he had, but he got the hang of it and was riding up and down the sidewalk before too long. It was cute watching Parker and McKade run after him. All in all, he had "the best birthday ever!" I love him so much and can't believe that 5 years has passed so quickly!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness ... I can' believe how much your kids have grown up!It's been too long! It was so fun to see you the other night!
Post a Comment