Thursday, June 19, 2008

?Thankful Thursday?

I know, I am pretty weird some times, but I just wanted to say how thankful I am to be helping out the primary lately. For pretty much the past 3 months now, I have substituted EVERY week by filling in as a teacher in either the nursery or primary. Either I am called during the week from a teacher who won't be attending that week or "searched out" as soon as Sacrament is over by a very desperate primary president, and willingly give up my seat to Sunday School to help out. Having been a primary teacher for the past 8 years of my life now (mingled with other fun callings, of course) I feel right at home sitting in singing time with 2-3 kids sitting on my lap while belting out the primary hymns. I pretty much have the lesson manuals memorized, and have a few "tricks," or time filling games I have learned. I love teaching these little ones and learning from them more than I could ever teach them. I am very thankful to be able to help out, as I have depended on others to fulfill my calling a time or two in the past.

*This is an absolute disclaimer, that in NO WAY am I wanting to be called AGAIN as a primary teacher (for the time being anyways). I am just happy to help out, that's all. But, I know the call is coming- it's just a matter of time. I think my purpose in life is to go every Sunday and teach either primary or nursery.

3 comments:

Megan said...

nursery it is then

Melissa M. said...

How nice are you!?
Be careful though, they have a way of liking reliable types.

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

Aaron loves primary as well... he would have a permant calling in there if he could. But for now, home teaching! Hey are going to go to Ambers wedding? I will be flying down next Tuesday to go!