Sunday, June 29, 2008

Yet another first, to add among thousands, for our family!


BIG title, yah, I know. I was just way excited for this. I guess you could say I've been looking forward to it for about um, 18 months now! Have you guessed what it is yet? Cheater! I saw you read ahead! That's right- Tyli is now officially in Nursery! She has (very UNwillinginly) been going to nursery for a few weeks, which has always resulted in me ending up with her because her nursery teachers love the sound of her screaming as much as I do, but today was her actual "legal" day to go, so I opened the door, placed her on the floor as I grabbed a toy from the toy bin, shoved it in her hand, and RAN! OK, so I know my sister-in-laws are thinking, "I always knew she was a mean mom!"-I'm only kidding Jen and Steph! I guess I am mean. She is so stubborn that she would NEVER go, and she needs to learn a little Independence- TRUST ME! She REALLY needs to be away from her mom- even if it's only a little under 2 hours a week at a time. I have to thank Megan, who had to endure the screaming, and another big thanks to Lindsay who ended up holding her the whole time. I just hope next Sunday she will let me plop her down again without magically sticking to me. Today was big because I actually got to listen to ALL of my Sunday School and combined meeting lesson for the first time in almost 3 years (no joke!), which I really needed.Really Megan, thanks!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey I was glad it wasn't Tera today - only for a minute until "Bobbi" was found! Nice to know my kid aint the only one!

Jen said...

I am a mean mom too! I have been know to drop and run. sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do!!

Megan said...

You are so funny. she totally calmed down going into the 2nd hour, or I stopped listening.... I don't know. Next week she will do awesome too! probably

Erik said...

I would just have someone else drop her off (like the husband, or maybe a young woman that babysits her) it always worked better for my kids if I wasn't the one taking them in.