Monday, April 7, 2008
Tyli's 15 month check-up
I took Tyli to her most favorite place on earth today- the Doctors! (She actually started to cry as soon as I dropped off the boys at Grandma Kathy's house, and it just got louder and louder from there!) Everything went well, other than the screaming on Ty's part! She is still monsterously HUGE weighing in at 23 lb, 12 oz. (85th%) and measuring as tall as a tree at 32 1/2'' (still 99%). Her head matches the rest of her body, measuring at 19! (95%). The only concern is she still isn't walking (Dallin didn't walk until almost 16 months, so I'm not overly concerned) so we are being proactive and having a physical therapist from the state dept. come and evaluate her. Dr. Jones checked her hips, knees, ankles, feet, leg bones, and spine for anything unordinary, but he thinks she may just be too stubborn to want to walk. (She'll walk perfectly fine around the house holding onto just one of my fingers, but the second we let go, she heads to her knees! Talk about frustrating!) I agree, but have also agreed to be proactive. After the 3 shots we got to leave, but because Dr. Jones wasn't around, she didn't even really cry for the shots. He told me today that he is making it his personal goal to get her to smile at him sometime in the future- if even just once! Tyli got a care bear sticker when we left that she wouldn't let out of her site until bedtime tonight. It was so much fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jami-
Hey I know what you mean about the walking. Emma was around 15 months before she started to walk. She would do the same thing where she would stand there but would drop down and crawl. Hopefully you will see some walking soon! Glad to hear that she is healthy and all in all the appointment went well.
Jami-
Hey no worry! She'll start running before you know it! By the way this is Courtney Lemmon Mortensen! I found you on Bonnie's page so stay in touch! I would love it!
Post a Comment