Thursday, April 3, 2008
Thankful Thursday
I can't believe it is Thursday again already! My how time flies! Today I am very thankful for my hearing. I am not blessed with the ability to hear everything as most of you are, but I can hear lots of things, and I delight in all the sounds of spring, as well as the everyday sounds. As a child, we discovered I wasn't hearing everything I was supposed to, and after extensive research found that I can hear only 80% in my right ear and 05% in my left. My family hated it because I was constantly saying "What?" (Cauley probably hates that too.) Anyhow, I can hear lots of things and as I sit here typing (which has been a while now because I never learned to type right) I can hear the birds singing outside, airplanes flying overhead, cars and trucks driving down the big road by our house, Dallin sneaking food out of the pantry (DALLIN!), dogs barking, and children playing outside. Most of these are pleasing, but what a blessing to be able to hear these wonderful sounds! In situations like mine, you learn to not take advantage of the small, everyday things. Let's "hear it" for our ears!;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love your new background! Where did you get the template? I am always looking for a better website! Also I love that you were able to go to Prom. That would be so fun! And I must say all the warm weather is making me want it here! Hopefully soon... :)
Jami!!! Hey, your family is so cute! I love the name Tyli. I can't believe you live in AZ. Lucky, now you don't have to deal with Idaho weather. I'm so glad you guys found my blog. Such a great way to keep in touch! I'll keep spying on you to see what's going on.
Hey Jami! Bonnie said you and Jenni contacted her and so I have to jump in the mix and give a shout out to you too. It's kind of funny because just last week a friend of mine asked me if I knew a "Dawna" from high school and it turns out it was Dawna from our old ward, who I'm sure you still keep in contact with. I guess Dawna is in my friend's ward...small world. So then I told my friend to ask Dawna about "The Twins" and now here you are and I get to see your cute family and hear about your great life. Wow--that big long story just to say Hi and I'm excited to check in on you from time to time.
Take care,
Holly (Bonnie's sis--I'm paranoid about using last names with blogging)
Post a Comment