Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tuscon

We had a blast yesterday as a family! We kicked off our spring break by going to Tuscon yesterday morning. (If you're a Clark reading this, Tuscon CAN be fun!) We started off by going to the Reid park Zoo. What a blast! Yes, this zoo is smaller than the Phoenix zoo, but I love that you can get so much closer to all the animals and that you don't have to walk for hours in the sun just to see a tiger who is sleeping somewhere hidden in the tall grass. We stayed forever at the polar bear, watching him dive into the water and then under his exhibit, watching him swim around in the water. Another favorite was the flamingos. Why, I don't know. They were really pretty though! The kids thought it was fun in the bird exhibit hunting for birds (by hunting, I mean with their eyes, no weapons!). We found some of the coolest birds I have ever seen! Our other favorite exhibit was the otters. The younger otter was showing us all of his games, while the older one was a little more reserved and content to just swim around and lie on his raft.

By noon, we were starving so we headed over to the park and had a picnic lunch. Afterword, we let the kids play for a little bit on the toys. Tyli was ready for a nap, so we piled back into the car and headed for the Air Force Museum. We were so excited! Cauley has been wanting to do this for forever now, and so have the boys. We went inside, amazed at all the people who were there. We looked at the sign, and had decided we were only going to pay for the bone yard tours. (you get to go out on the runway and look at all the old planes and stuff. You can see some from the road and there are TONS of cool looking jets, planes, and army equipment!) However, when we got ready to pay, the young lady helping us was very short tempered with us and rudely informed us that we couldn't go out there. When we asked why, she almost yelled that it was closed. Cauley asked why, and she, VERY rudely, told us that it is always closed on the weekend. Being taken off guard from all the bad manners, we left. Dissapointed! We walked just outside to the fence and there were TONS of people out on the bone yard! WHAT!!!??? We don't get it, but they will be getting either a very bad review on line or over the phone! The boys cried as we left, and I could tell Cauley almost wanted to cry too. Dallin put it right by saying, "HOW RUDE! She was not nice!"

Anyways, we left Tuscon and decided to go see some good friends of ours- the Reynolds. We drove to Arizona City and stopped by for a few hours. McKade asked, as we got there if we could get out and have some fun. I told him he could have all the fun he could handle! (Which he did!) Jenn and Elliots's kids are getting so big! It was fun seeing them, as we don't get together very often anymore. And, by the way, I do have to say that Jenn is looking FABULOUS! A big thanks to the Reynolds family for letting us crash their Saturday afternoon!

When we were gassing up after leaving the Reynold's, McKade said, "I am so, so hungry. Mom, are you so, so hungry? Dallin, are you so, so hungry? Tyli is so, so hungry! (She was asleep!) Mom, tell Dad that we are so, so hungry!" (I think the poor little boy was starving!) So we went to Golden Corral and had dinner. It was a little more than what we normally spend, but we all got full and had a blast and enjoyed whatever it was that we wanted to eat! Afterwords, McKade told Cauley, "I am so, so full!"

All in all, it was a pefect way to start our spring break. We had a great time together, as we usually do!

2 comments:

The Greer Family said...

Oh my goodness! So many cute posts! I love the part about hunting for birds : ) Your hike was great, Tyli cooking is adorable, and I love the quote from Pres. Hinckley. You do such a good job! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone next Sunday!

Steph

Jen said...

I am so glad you guys thought to call us. we had fun visiting!!