Sunday, March 16, 2008
Dallin's Talk
I love it when my kids get to give a talk in primary! Everytime Dallin has spoken, we have made sure he has his talk memorized, which after primary, he usually comes home and calls everyone he knows and gives them the talk. Cute. Well, needless to say, I was a very bad mom this week and didn't get his talk together until Sunday morning. OOPS! (Ok, so we were all sick all week long, but hey- my bad!) He did an awesome job memorizing it (thanks to 2:00 church!) and was ready to go. The microphones weren't working, which was an advantage point. However, when Dallin got to the picture of Jesus raising a child from the dead, instead of saying "Jesus raised people from the dead.", he said "He helped people from deadness." I just about lost it! I was glad nobody could hear him anyways. And for the record, I have NO idea where he came up with it!Great job Dallin! I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So cute! He is such a smart boy!
Steph
that is so cute!! somehow seth has never had to give a talk, only prayers. he does have a scripture next week. our ward does it weird i think!
first...i LOVE your blog design. IT's so pretty! Second, that's adorable! Cute dallin!
It didn't save my comment, so I'll try to say it again! If it posts two, please delete one!
We've had talks given about two hours after I remember them, also. A fun thing to try is to write the words of a Primary Song or Hymn on paper. Let the child say the words as he/she holds up pictures they drew themselves. It does two things:
1. Teaches them the words to a new song!
2. Lets them feel like they are able to express themselves with their own drawing. However, one time I caught Carson drawing a Mountain Dew can to the words of "I Feel My Savior's Love." He said that the Savior knows him and that he like Mountain Dew. Referee when they get older!
Hey- this is so weird my sister said that she ran into you the other day at walmart and then today I was looking around Heather's blog! (isnt her little one so cute!) and there was yours! So fun to see how you are doing! How are you? Let me know!
Kira
Jami!!! Hi!! I know! I was so thrilled to see you as well. I hopped right on the phone and told Kira and she was so excited as well!!! I hope we can get together soon! :) Hope you have a great week! Good job on your Hinckley Challenge, I am pretty behind... :(
Post a Comment