Friday, March 14, 2008

Bugged

Generally, we are usually a pretty healthy family. This year, however, we have definitly been sick a LOT! Cauley has been fighting something nasty now for a week, as is McKade. Dallin started in on Monday, and Tyli got it Tuesday. Theirs is all a never ending runny sinus thing with a fever. On Wednesday afternoon, I got the fever (103.2!) and something aweful got my body. (It feels like somebody is poking me with a million needles whenever something touches my skin.) I still think I have an ear infection, as my ears are constantly throbbing now, but I will still play the wait and see game with them. However, I don't have the sinus stuff everyone seems to be consumed with, so that's good news! Preschool was cancelled all week because my kids had fevers, and will be next week because of spring break, so we should all have time to recover. However, I believe it is because of preschool that we are so sick this year. I have sent an endless supply of notes home to parents and even tried calling parents to come and get their sick kids from preschool (but of course they don't answer!), but one little girl keeps coming sick. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Rachel Hanchett said...

I'm sure you already have a life time supply of hand sanitizer but if not get some and as soon as the kids come in the door bathe them in it! Also the one girl who keeps coming while she is sick, tell the mom personally when she comes to drop off/pick up that you can't have her there if she isn't healthy and the next time she comes with something don't even let her in the door and tell mom to take her home untill she is better. The public schools tell you to stay out of school for 24 hours after the fever or illness ends! So your just preparing them for when they go to kindergarten! Hope that helps!

Jen said...

Rachel had good suggestions, go w/ that! man what a bummer though! hope you guys feel better soon!