"To you women with small children, yours is a tremendous challenge! So often there is not enough money. You must scrimp and save. You must be wise in your expenditures. You must be bold and strong and brave and march forward with a gladness in your eye and love in your heart! How blessed you are, women. You have a child(ren) who will be yours forever. I hope that you appreciate that your family has been sealed to you and will be an everlasting family in the Kingdom of our Father! May you have the strength to carry your heavy load, to meet every obligation, to walk side by side with your good and faithful and caring man, and together with him, rear, nurture, and bring up your child(ren) in righteousness and truth. Nothing else you will ever own, no worldly thing you will ever acquire will be worth so much as the love of your child. God bless you dear, dear young mothers!"
-President Hinckley, General Conference 2003 (October)
I found this today while I was cleaning out something in Tyli's room. Cauley had hand written it for me as a reminder of our prophet's love and concern for us as young mothers. I remember when this talk was given at the Relief Society Broadcast and how it brightened my day. I hope it lifts your spirits as it does mine!
1 comment:
I love that President Hinkley has given us so much motivation and encouragement as mothers. He has time and time again blessed our lives with simple quotes to help us continue our journey!
Post a Comment