Sunday, February 24, 2008
My 3 WONDERFUL kids
I just have to put in a special plug for my amazing kids. I had to go get my car tuned up for it's 30,000 mile service on Friday, and they were FANTASTIC! I woke them up (they for once were sleeping in past 7:10!), hurried and changed them and threw them in the car and drove to Desert Kia for our appointment. I got there a little early, but I couldn't get the carseats out (I love/hate the latch system!) and the people there weren't allowed to help me so I called my friend, Esther, and told her not to come pick us up as planned because we didn't have carseats. So, instead, I took out the double stroller and headed inside only to be told it would take around 4 hours. PANIC! "OK," I told myself, "We can do this!" So I fed them their breakfast of dry cereal and then let them play with their cars I had packed, then read books from the "church bag" for a little while before everyone started getting wrestless. I looked at my watch only to discover an hour and a half had gone by. I didn't want to cross any major streets to go anywhere (we were on Arizona Ave./Country Club) and it was raining, so I got out my umbrella Jeff gave me for Christmas and we headed about a mile down the road to Costco. (We did have to cross Guadaloupe, but we were fine.) Anyways, we literally made a pit stop at Earnhardt's car lot for Dallin and then made it to Costco 20 minutes until it opened so we sat under the umbrella playing Dallin's favorite game, "I spy with my little eye..." (It's nice that McKade now knows his colors so it isn't always just Dallin and I playing.) The kids were so excited to go in and eat pizza but became very dissapointed when we walked in the doors to find their food court under construction:( We still had at least 2 more hours to kill so we walked up and down every isle in Costco and then decided we were hungry. Going out, we found a little hot dog cart on the side of the food court construction so we all had hot dogs for lunch and then I bought us some frozen yogurt for dessert because the kids were taking things so well. (Those are the only 2 items on their menu, so why not!) After the ice cream and a quick stop in the bathrooms, we trecked back to Desert Kia only to discover our van was still NOT done. We waited about another 40 minutes until they pulled our van up front for us. All three of my kids started jumping up and down cheering, bringing laughs and smiles to ALL who were in the building. After paying A LOT of $$, we headed home, only to have everyone fall asleep from their big adventures. I guess it takes a lot to be so wonderful and obedient, but they were perfect little angles in a time when I REALLY needed them to be. THANKS, GUYS! I LOVE YOU!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cute story! I'm glad things went well. Hope you guys are doing good.
Post a Comment