Friday, February 22, 2008

Eye Eye, Captain!

McKade has been wonderful with his new glasses! I can hardly believe I was as worried about him with them as I was because he never tries taking them off and doesn't really complain about them. I do need to go back and have them adjusted again because they keep slipping down. Well, we went back to the Eye Specialist on Thursday and was told that his eye is still not strong enough with the glasses so now he gets to wear a patch over his good eye (the right one) for 3 hours every day. I usually wait until after nap and then once his patch is in place he gets to play with his light sabor (his "sword") while he transforms into a pirate for the next 3 hours. It is so funny because he repeatedly tells me, "I'm a pirate, arrrrrrr!" He is just as wonderful about the patch as he is with his glasses! I just wish they made the patches smaller for little two year old eyes! (If you cut it down, you lose the sticky stuff around the outside.)

2 comments:

Fosters said...

They do make little kid eye patches. Several kids in my ward have them, and they have fun stuff on them, too. I'll ask around, because there are princess ones, alligator ones, and even truck ones! I also think they come in bright fun colors, but I know they are so cute!

Jen said...

We had the fun ones too. I got them from the eye doctor, but he said you could get them at the stores too, but i don't remember which ones. he looks soooo cute!!