Saturday, December 1, 2007

Higley's hopes for State washed away

Notre Dame Prep defeated Higley 15-14 Friday night for the chance to play next weekend for the State Title. Aunt LaRee watched my kids so that I could go to the game with Cauley. (Since it has been so rainy, we thought it would be best NOT to take them to the game with McKade's ear infection and all three of them having colds already.) It rained almost nonstop, leaving the field a mud bog and all of us very, very wet. Kathy had brough umbrellas and a rain jacket because I let Mike use my pancho. I kept having to move farther and farther away from Kathy though because our umbrella's kept getting tangled and it was difficult to jump up to yell, so I put the umbrella down by the begining of the first quarter. I had on my winter coat which kept my top half dry and warm, but my jeans were getting wet so I used the other rain jacket to put over my pants. That didn't work because the jacket was like a tent when it gets wet- wherever it touches, it leaks water. By the end of the 1st quarter, you could tell where exactly it was coming into contact with my pants, as they were soaked. It didn't matter too much, though, because after our first touchdown, I missed my cousion that I was sitting on and sat in a big puddle on the bench! I was fine until the 3rd quarter when the wind picked up, because then I got cold. (Not as cold as some of the games I went to in High School!) The game was fun. I enjoyed watching Tito Gonzales (#8) make fantastic runs only to end up each time having to run off the field for a waterbottle bath because his face was covered in mud! (One time I think Coach Adams, one of Cauley's assistant coaches, had to run out there and help him off because he couldn't see where to go!) The game pretty much ended when Trey Gray threw away the ball down around our end zone. Tough loss, but fun memories.

No comments: