Friday, July 15, 2011

IDAHO!!!!

Most years, we are lucky enough for a vacation 2 times a year to a cooler place- Idaho. It's weird to go back home to such a small town after living here in AZ for the past 7 1/2 years! I love it though! (It's the only time we get to see any of my family since they don't come down here- ehem, MOM and Jeni!)

This trip has been by far my favorite so far! I got to drive to Shoshone with my mom to pick up my Grandma and Cheyanne, two of the many familyy members on my mom's side I haven't seen for at least 7 years. Although it meant I was riding in the car an additional 5 hours after our long drive to Chubbuck a few days before, I really enjoyed it!

Jeff and Jaclyn also drove from Utah up to stay with us a few days. I have to say, I LOVE Jaclyn!! I am so grateful for the time we got to spend together and I want her to move down here soon so she and I can hang out more often! While they were here, we went for a short little nature walk up in Cherry Springs with the kids. My mom and dad also watched the kids for us after that while the 4 of us went out to lunch at my all-time favorite place: Buddy's. Yum! After lunch we shopped for a few minutes, then went and got ice cream, then headed back to my mom's to get ready for Scott's BBQ.

My brother, Scott, threw a BBQ while we were there for a few of his friends' birthdays. The kids had a blast on the slip n slide and even more fun with the water guns and hose. There was lots of food and plenty of Scott's friends for entertainment. Thanks Scott for the party!

The next day was Sunday and we enjoyed going to church with Jac and Jeff (I kept saying Jefflyn and Jac! hahahaha!!!) and then we headed up to my Uncle Dan's house for the annual Ruth family 4th of July BBQ. YUM!!! Here is where we sadly had to say goodbye to Jeff and Jaclyn, but it was still good food and good company. At least they got to eat before hitting the road.


<>
Weston "sneaking" some cake batter.

After fixing Brooklynn's cast with this awesome duct tape Jeff and Cauley picked out, Tyli hurt her nose and said it was "broken." She kept crying about it until my sister made a "cast" for it out of the tape. Like magic, it worked- Tyli stopped crying and enjoyed her ice cream, what she didn't get all over her face that is!

 I believe this was the absolute lamest parade we have EVER been too!

Everyone waiting for the parade: (from right to left: McKade, Brooklynn, Mitch, Colton, Cauley, Carson, Dallin, Halli, Me, Gretchen, Luke, Jeni, Chey, My mom, Grandma Scott, and Tyli.) I don't see Weston, but I know he was there. My dad was at work.

The parade lasted all of maybe 5 minutes and it didn't even have a band, drill team or cheerleaders, ok, really NOTHING of interest! It was horrible, but everyone did pick up around a handful of candy.

As soon as the parade started the wind came up and then came the rain. It was miserable and we were right in the open facing it.

Keeping warm, Grandma?

Wet and cold, but happy to wave that flag!
 That night we went back to Scott's house to watch the fireworks. They shoot them off up on the hill at the fairgrounds, and let me tell you, NOTHING beats being up there to watch them up close and personal, but we had a great view from my brother's house and could even see the ground show from there.
Saying goodbye to my Grandma Scott and Chey. Please excuse the one-eye look.) Scott, me, Grandma, Chey, and Halli


Are you sure it's safe to be close to them there elk? Tyli thought they were going to bite her!
 My sister and her family now live in Aberdeen. They live really in the middle of nowhere. These elk live right next door. We went out to their house one night for a weinni roast and swimming.
Quick, Cauley, get your gun!


Um, Tyli, your top is on backwards. Letting us see her personality!


My favorite picture of the cousins. I love watching how well they play together and how much they love each other.

My dad.


Nope not camping- just getting ready to roast hot dogs.

The little ones swimming. Um, I TRIED to hide their nakiness.

No comments: