Monday, November 8, 2010

Catch- up! (August)

  We were very excited for August to come this year as it meant Jeff (Cauley's little brother) was getting married to Jaclyn. We all LOVE Jac! (I just don't happen to have ANY pictures of her or Jeff as we were not the ones taking them.:( Oh well, I will get some during the holidays and put them up for everyone to see my new GORGEOUS sister-in-law as well as her handsome hubby!) They got married in Mesa and then had 2 receptions- technically just one and then an open house/reception. I am sad to report that we also don't have any pictures except the 2 of Tyli below that Cauley stole from my sister-in-law. Isn't my 3 year old beautiful? (I am VERY partial!) I made her dress so please don't look too closely! She had SO much fun dancing in it the night of the reception too! (Sadly though, the dress didn't hold up from the dancing. Her cousin decided to join her and one tug on her new dress broke the stitches in the sash that gave me a headache trying to get right.)

Here are the boys on their new bunk beds. They needed more space and Tyli needed a big girl bed.

First Day of School!
Dallin was very blessed to get into Benjamin Franklin Charter School this year. We have loved every school he's attended, but I felt so strongly that this year he needed to switch over to this school. He has another wonderful teacher and many friends he already knew in his class. I'd say his school has about 80% LDS kids, which I really like too. He does have a dress code- but it is very lax except for the pants part. I have never been happier with my child's education! He has come leaps and bounds this year in everything, including his handwriting! (And that is coming from being in the accelerated program here in our local school district!) Dallin has got really awesome grades- except in his handwriting, but he IS improving on that! Way to go, D-MAN!

McKade's birthday falls toward the end of August. This year was his year to have a party, and PARTY we did! He invited lots of friends and family over and we put on a "Minute-to Win-it" party! I have to say, I have the most amazing husband ever! We had about 22 kids here, and he kept their attention the ENTIRE time- including opening presents! (Notice no other kids around the birthday boy- oh wait, who is that little girl?) There were 9 games that we played and there were no losers in any of them! My favorite one was when Cauley, who is a school teacher, taught all the kids how to shoot rubber bands to knock off pop cans from a table. It was incredibly hilarious watching the kids try and shoot the can. They never quite got the cans so Cauley threw up a balloon and had them try and hit that instead. I think every one had a blast, and McKade has never been so spoiled in his entire life! We ended with cupcakes made in ice cream cones (less mess!) A big thank you to all those who came and helped out!


No comments: