Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sweet Moments like this...

My kids are driving me crazy. Maybe it's the heat, but I am just about to my wit's end with them lately. Anyways, this afternoon we went on a trip to the A.J. Library. (I LOVE that place!) We were all tired and hot driving home in scorching Arizona afternoon sun, and some of us, namely ME, weren't happy with others, namely the rest of the car's occupants, because of the rowdie and impolite behavior that was exhibited upon leaving the library. (Ok, more like a total meltdown from Ty, McKade running through the parking lot, and Dallin pushing his way through his siblings so he could "click-it" first.) Anyways, we were driving while listening to our Primary songs when the song "Families Can Be Together Forever" came on. My kids all started singing the song and a very sweet Spirit filled the car. All three of them knew both verses, and by the time the song ended, all frustration was gone. I love to hear my kids sing praises to their Heavenly Father! McKade doesn't ever sing on key, Tyli BELTS it out in her little toddler voice, and Dallin is still very shy about singing. This one hymn, however, was one of the most beautifully sung songs I have ever heard my kids sing, and I know it was sung for me at the moment I needed it the most!

3 comments:

T and A said...

too sweet

Shari Baker said...

That is so great...and I'm sure it really does make it worth it. Families can be together Forever!

Anonymous said...

ah, so sweet. i love to hear my kids sing too, it's usually a primary song.