Everyone keeps asking me what we have been up to lately and I am so bad for not posting more, but I just wanted to tell everyone we are all doing great!
Tyli is sneaky and into EVERYTHING! She is just so curious. Also, she is so independent it kills me. My boys were never this bad! "TyTy do it!" Also, and I really hate to admit this, but I have a very vain daughter. "TyTy is so pretty. TyTy is beautiful!" Yes, my friends, that is what you hear around this house several times a day! She is so stinking cute though that we love her to death! We are trying to be consistant to break her of some annoying habits, like climbing, getting into things that aren't hers, taking things away from other children- you know, the typical 2 year old stuff. Her binki is now gone! (We always take that away at 2 years and have yet to have a problem with it!) Hurray! The only disadvantage, if you can call it that, is now she won't sleep on her bed for some reason. She pulls everything off the bed to the floor, turns on the light, and sleeps next to the door. Odd- that's the best way to describe her. She just had her 2 year appointment and now she is 38 in. tall, 30 lbs, and her head is still very big as it has been since birth. (I can't remember the measurements- head size doesn't mean anything to me!)
McKade is still himself. Even though he is very much considered a "featherweight," he is eating me out of house and home. Seriously, for those of you who haven't seen him eat, believe me! He eats WAY more than I do. The good part is that he isn't consistent. Last week he went through 2 loafs of bread by himself in 2 days. (Jennifer, I know you've probably got something to say about that, but seriously!) Not only the bread, but a little more than 1/2 jar of pb and jam! At lunch one other day he ate 3 (rally 2 1/2 because there were some on the floor) packages of Ramen noddles. (I was out of bread- go figure!) Then, today, he won't eat hardly anything. This will probably go on for a week. He is so little thought that I sit and watch in wonder as to where all the food goes. He is getting taller, but sheesh! He plays with his trucks, cars, and tractors every day. He loves to talk about them, making up stories as to what they are doing. I guess I could say he has a great imagination- or another odd child.
Dallin is starting to drive us crazy. My parents got my family a Wii for Christmas and that is pretty much all Dallin does lately. Ok, so we don't let him play all the time (not even every day.) but he talks non-stop about playing it. I am about to accidentally "loose" it, but that would be something too obvious to lose. Other than the Wii, he is playing soccer right now. He's had 3 games and is starting to figure it out finally. He has a fun little team and we love yelling and cheering for all the kids. Saturday Dallin scored his first goal of the season. He was so excited he had to run over and ask if that meant he got extra time to play the Wii. The little stinker! He is doing well in school and is really liking the morning class. I don't think he likes to get up that early though. Why is it my kids never slept in until one of them started school?
Cauley is doing good. He is working hard getting ready for this upcoming Track season. He is also working a little extra and taking tickets for the boys home basketball games once a week. Oh yah, he's also taking 2 classes right now too. With his calling, school, and work, he is definitely staying busy!
I am also staying busy. My cub scout calling is starting to drown me (or so it feels like!) but should get better after Pack meeting, our Blue and Gold Banquet in less than a month, and Pine Wood Derby the following week. I just remind myself to take a deep breath every time I think about it. Actually, it really isn't bad. I have wonderful leaders who help a lot, it's just a lot to think about. I had one Saturday training earlier this month and I am so excited for the big POW WOW training this coming Saturday! On top of Cub Scouts, my primary calling has been fun. I feel like I am finally starting to love it. I just really don't like conducting, as I haven't had a very successful time getting through without messing up somehow. I really love serving with the sisters that I do and feel blessed to have this calling and to get to know more people in the ward. We have the most wonderful kids in our primary! Seriously, we had our "8 is great" tonight and I was so impressed with all 16 kids in our ward who turn 8 this year- they're amazing! I feel so blessed to be around them every Sunday.
That's basically what I've been up to. Notice I didn't say "I've been busy doing housework or laundry?" I haven't. Please don't come by my house- it's disgusting! That is my goal for tomorrow- clean this place up and do all 14 loads of laundry!
5 comments:
Thanks for the update on life! We miss you guys! I am sure you will be having a good super bowl rooting for the cardinals!!!
Thanks for the update! It is always fun to hear how you are doing! Those kids sound like they keep you busy! Did you hear that Amber is having a little on this summer... how fast time is going!
you deserve a nap!!
Jami you are fabulous at conducting in primary! You always remember to share your testimony with the kids, which I feel is the most important part anyway. I already miss being in there, but I was definitely feeling that "drowning" feeling. Seriously, your whole presidency is doing great. I am glad your family is doing well.
Katie Eckerson
Hi Jami! Last night I heard you tell us that you had a blog so I decided to look for it and I found it off of Shari's. I have had a lot of fun reading your blog this morning. SOunds like we have a lot in common. I just got called into Primary too and am trying to learn the ropes. Feel tree to check out my blog!
Heather
Post a Comment