I have always kinda resented having to share everything my whole life with my identical twin- especially my birthday. It was never sung to just me and for some reason, everyone always had to say Jeni's name first. (probably because she's older? smarter? prettier? WHAT?) Don't get me wrong- I totally love, love, LOVE my sister, but can't a person have a special day for herself? Well, since I moved here almost 5 years ago (In January!), I have always had my birthday as MY day. I must admit, everytime someone sings "Happy Birthday" to me, I still sing Jeni's name in my mind.
Well, yesterday it was my special day again. yay for me! I woke up to the outside of my garage decorated with a sign and balloons (RS people?), ran Dallin to his L.E.A.P. program at school, came home and showered, and went and picked him up. Then I took all the kids to the Q.T. and bought us all a big fountain slushy drink. (an Icee basically) My kids think that they are the best treats ever and that is why we call them Drink Treats. We only get them on real special occasions, so my kids were really loving this! After the Q.T., we ran to the post office (I can't wait until QC gets a new, bigger post office!) and then ran Dallin to Kindergarten. The 2 younger ones and I had fun going shopping at Walmart and they both found presants that they want for Christmas, and then we made some thank-you's we took over to some good friends' houses. Then, for dinner, I took them to Sonic and we got Wacky packs for dinner. (Did you know that every Wednesday night @ Sonic you can get your choice of kids meal which also includes fries or tots, a drink, and a toy for $1.50?) My kids wouldn't stop hugging and kissing me and saying "I love you so much, Mom. Happy Birthday. I am so glad it's your birthday." Cauley even made it home before 8:00 last night which was an added bonus! (He's hanging Christmas lights for people right now- you can read about it on his blog, I think. crazyclarkclan.blogspot.com) Anywyas, I had lots of phone calls from awesome friends, and of course most of the Clark's called and sang to me (Jeff, did you forget? j/k) and that is always fun, and my visiting teachers stopped by with a gift as well as the Relief Society presidency with my birthday sucker. It really was a wonderful day! Saturday we are celebrating more by Cauley hanging more lights on our house and then Steph is watching the kids while we go see Twilight and go out to dinner. I can't wait!
7 comments:
I saw you on the RS calander, then I got my days mixed up. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a fun day.
Glad you had a good birthday! And thanks for the wacky packs info, I had no idea : )
Happy Birthday from me and Lexie! It's amazing how doing things for your kids even on your day makes moms so happy! Thanks for your email about scouts. It made me feel much better! Enjoy your date this weekend, sounds like you and I are alike-we cherish our dates that we don't get too often! And yay for Twilight! The book is definitely better, but you will like the movie, enjoy!
Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy Twilight - Jon and I are still trying to find a time to go see it. And, what?? -- Cauley has a blog?!!
Happy Birthday! I am so glad that you had a wonderful day! Enjoy your time this weekend!
Happy Birthday Chica! Sounds like you had a great day. Love you!
Happy Birthday!! I totally knew it was your birthday this week but the week flew by in a rush of sickness and grossness... sorry.
I am so glad you had a good birthday!
Post a Comment