I am so sorry for those of you who keep asking if everything is ok. I am doing well- just busy. Life seems to get busy really quickly and once I start getting a hand on it, life gets even busier! We have all been well, for the most part. I think my whole family is trying to catch a cold, but so far we've beat it. I thought Dallin had pink eye again when he got home from school yesterday, but either we got the drops in fast enough, or it was just a cold in his eyes because he's got no symptom of it today. Everyone keeps sneezing and coughing sporadically, but you can never tell with my family because we all get allergies really bad about this time of year.
We've had a lot of fun lately as a family. Cauley is done hanging Christmas lights (YAY!!!) and so supposedly he could be getting home before 2:00 p.m., but we haven't seen him till at least 4:00. (which is still a few hours earlier than when he coached football, and about 5-7 hours earlier than when he was hanging lights!) We've been riding bikes, doing crafts, shopping (always nice to have him to help with the kids), playing, and watching Christmas Movies. He even took me out on a date last Saturday for my birthday! (thanks, Steph and Brad for watching our Bambinos!) I have been really busy when he isn't here with laundry, preschool (planning and prepping), dishes, scout stuff, laundry, primary stuff, dishes, trying to get Christmas bought, laundry, getting us ready to go to Idaho, and dishes. I still have TONS to do and probably won't get it all done before I go, but that's ok.
Cub Scouts has kept me really busy lately. I have been planning, planning, and more planning. I helped plan this month's Pack Meeting because our Cub master has been out of town. Then I had to start planning next pack meeting for other reasons. Oh yah, I am also planning the Blue and Gold (banquet) which is in February. Can I just admit in the open that I don't really know what I am doing still! (Help, Susan!) On top of all this we have a bunch of trainings in January that I am trying to get all of the leaders from my ward to get done. I think maybe after February I might be able to breathe again. By the way, didn't I tell you I got released from this calling?:)
Primary has kept me busy too, but not like scouts. I am the counselor over scouts, so that is why I am still doing a lot with the cub scouts. My new calling is just doing little things here and there, which I find is a nice change from being so consumed with scouts!
I never knew that being a mom of older children (ok, mine are still young, but hear me out!) gets more and more tiring! Dallin has me running every which direction right now. I take him to school (for L.E.A.P) at 8 on Wednesdays and Thursdays, pick him up at 9:25, and then he's back at school for afternoon K. until normal time. I feel like I run around all day just for him. That's just for school! I can't even imagine adding an extra curricular activity to that! And, he's just one of my children- what is 4 years going to bring? Lucky for me I was able to get him switched into the morning class next semester so I don't have to go to the school so many times a day.
Tyli is a handful. She's adventurous and has a keen sense of knowing when I haven't had any adventures in a day. She likes to make BIG messes for me to clean up- especially ones that she can eat while making like dumping an entire large package of uncooked spaghetti on my living room floor and jumping on them because they make "crunch" sounds, dumping out a newly opened box of baking soda from Costco (which she LOVES to eat!) all over my kitchen floor and rolling around in it, or climbing onto the bathroom counter so she can get into the medicine cabinet and get the "hidden" toothpaste out to eat. Lucky for me it's beginner toothpaste, but still! Never a dull moment with her around!
McKade is still just as adorable as ever. He has been very bored lately, which leads to whining which I can't stand. He did find exactly what he wants Santa to bring him though- a silver truck with a black trailer carrying a light blue tractor. Why? I think he is a little obsessive about trucks that can pull trailers and he happened to find something with the exact qualifications(colors). He also hasn't stopped talking about this particular truck since he found it. Everytime we go to Walmart, or any store for that matter, he has to go check and make sure they have "his" truck. Today he sat and held onto it for almost 20 minutes- just staring at it! (Like I said- obsessive!)
Well, I hope you understand why I haven't written in forever. I didn't even tell you my schedule for this week alone, how I was gone every night at either a group FHE, presidency meeting, Enrichment, or other, and that my days were even more filled with a dentist appointment, preschool, getting my oil changed in my van, and many more "adventures" that also included the every day stuff like trying to be a good mom and wife. Hopefully when I get to Idaho I can upload some pictures because my parents don't have dial-up like we do and I won't have to wait an hour to publish this post. Maybe... But if you don't hear from me until then, don't worry, we're good.
2 comments:
you tired me out by just reading this. you are one crazy busy woman!!!
OH - I'm so excited that Dallin will be in Emily's class now!!!
Post a Comment