Monday, October 6, 2008

It's here!

Did any of you feel it last night? I sure did! I mean, who could miss it after a very HOT, long, Arizona summer? I am talking about that really cool chill in the air- all night long! We finally were able to sleep with our window open last night, and I couldn't sleep because I was too cold! (YAY!!) Cauley frowned on me as I asked him to get me a blanket while I lay in bed earlier this morning. Autumn is my most favorite time of year. I have been in anticipation for it for about a month now, but finally experienced it these past 12 hours. I am (un)patiently waiting for my Scentsy order to get here with all my fall scents I ordered about a week ago. I love the fall, and here is why:
*The air gets cooler- you know, the chill that starts creeping in, like when we were little and would be waiting at the bus stop with as thin of a jacket as we could find so we didn't sweat to death bringing it home.
*It's football season! I know, girls aren't supposed to like football, but I always have. Plus, it brings back memories from High School, which are fun to remember sometimes. (The football season here would be a lot nicer if I didn't sweat to death at each game early on in the season!)
*The leaves change color- this I don't really get to see here in the Valley, but I can drive about an hour or less and catch the whole experience!
*Halloween- my kids favorite holiday. They have all changed their minds about what they are going to be about 53 times each already, but it's fun to hear all of their interesting choices.
*The smell!!!! This one is my favorite! There are so many smells of autumn that I don't know where to begin. First, there is the smell of the football games. Next, the smell of cooler air. Then there's the heavenly baking smells that accommodate this time of year. Finally, there is the scent of what the cooler air is going to be bringing- the Winter Holidays!

4 comments:

Cori said...

I noticed it when I let the dog out this morning. Like wow I could leave this door open and feel a nice breeze! Yay for autumn- i prefer that word so much to fall haha

Jen said...

love it, love it, love it!!!

Anonymous said...

YES I LOVE THE COOL WEATHER! It is so nice! It sounds like life has been fun and crazy busy!

Reisner's said...

I love that time of the year in the valley. Also I love football too. It brings back a lot of memories of high school for me too. But I think Bradley has made me like it even more than I did in the past.