Monday, April 28, 2008

My word! They start this young?


Not that I am the least bit happy about it, but my son, who is still only 4 years old, has aquired his first girlfriend. I think they "liked" each other before she joined our preschool class in January. Emily is in our ward, but they have never been in the same primary class as far as I am aware of. I think that's where they met, because the day she joined my class, Dallin started saving her a seat by him. We have noticed the past few weeks that they quickly find each other after Sacrament meeting and hold hands on their way to primary. (Her mom pointed out that this has been going on for a while now!) On Sunday, right after Stake Conference got over, she was suddenly right by us, holding Dallin's hand. We just laugh about it. Then, today during preschool I had to end up separating them because Dallin kept putting his arm around her and they couldn't do anything because they were too busy holding hands. He even told Hunter to "Get away from her, he had her first!" That's when I told them that they are a little too young for this. I didn't know what else to do, so McKade told me to take a picture, which I did. I am so glad Emily's mom finds this funny, because I may be having a little more difficult time with it. (Yes, I think it's pretty cute, but I have to still be the mother here!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good crap, that starts young! At least she's cute!

Jen said...

that is funny! that picture is hilarious!! I can remember when i was younger my little brother and this girl would walk to sunbeams together and they would say "we are going to have 4 kids cuz we are 4 years old" so he started young too.