Monday, March 31, 2008

Prom 2008

Cauley is so cute- He asked me to prom- again- for the third time! (I had to say no last year because Tyli was still too little.) His choice of school dance to chaperon is prom because since more people are a little more dressed up, you would think they don't act as crazy. (supposedly.) Anyhow, we got a babysitter (thanks to my wonderful in-laws, Mike and Kathy!) and drove to Tempe for a night of excitement. We got to the Waterfront on Lakeshore Drive a little late, but we got there and jumped at the chance to be the ones to guard the "Hidden Cove." (Right by the back gate.) We moved a bench in front of it so we could sit next to the lake and still see everyone as they had to come by us to get their pictures taken. It was nice not having to listen to the music they were playing inside and see how awful the kids were dancing! We had a blast seeing a lot of Cauley's students and athletes all dressed up and eating the yummy desserts. I was still in shock at what some of the students actually wore! As a mother, there is NO WAY I would let my son take a girl who was wearing some of those dresses and Cauley and I both agreed it'll be a challenge to find something modest for Tyli to wear when and if Cauley ever lets her go on a date, let alone prom! I do have to say that J.M. (used initials so as not to offend) by far got away with the cheapest date for the night spending a whopping $16! (It cost $120 at the door for a couple to get in, but he ended up getting "hooked up" by a stuco member.) I think it's funny that he and his date ended up eating at Panda Express! We left a little after 11:30- WAY after my bedtime! Cauley and I were both starving so we found an Arby's before heading home. It ended up being a great time! Maybe next year I'll get dressed up for the big event like I did last time we went!

(Dallin took this picture of us before we left. He is a good photographer for a 4 year old!)

4 comments:

Janey said...

Oh that's just the cutest thing!!! You look so cute jami! I didn't go to my senior Prom because i was already in college, so maybe we can get seth to take me for prom 2009 and we can double :)

Janey said...

awww and i'm already jane and seth johnson, yaaaaaayyyy! :)

Heather Weir said...

How fun! Prom again. I really liked the Prom. It must be fun to go now and see all the kids look up to Cauley. Next time totally get all dressed up. That would be so amuch fun!

Andrea :) said...

How fun that you got to go to Prom. Cauley is such a fun guy! You guys look great!