So we finally got McKade's glasses yesterday, except they were broke in half when we picked them up. It has been three weeks since we ordered them and I wasn't being very patient, seeing as they told us it would be ten days at the most until they were ready. Well, when they put the lenses into the frames, the frames snaped in half at the nose piece so they had to order new frames which should have taken only 24 hours, but not so- try 5 extra days and still no sign of them. I got a little upset yesterday when I was told it would be Tuesday before they might be in, so the eye glasses place made a deal with me. They gave us the broken frames and sent us to an eye glasses repair shop and they sautered the frames for us paid by the Seville Eye Center PLUS when his frames get here, they will switch over the lenses and we get to keep the extra frames for free. Why they didn't think of this a week ago? I have no idea, but we have them now, and doesn't McKade look adorable? (It still makes me a little sad seeing my 2 year old wearing glasses, but it's for the better.) Oh ya, can't forget the drama. When we went to the repair shop to have them put back together, McKade puked all over Cauley! So here is McKade stripped down to his diaper and Cauley totally shirtless standing right next to Power road! What a sight I'm sure. Lucky for us, we still have clothes in the back of the van waiting to be taken to DI! Cauley wanted to celebrate after McKade's glasses were done and thought McKade was feeling better so we went to Chile's for dinner. McKade chowed down, but lost it all again in the car on the way home. I think he's just hungry and over eating because he's feels starved. (I assure you he's not, he's probably just growing!) Today he's fine and he even slept good last night. Now if only I could get him to stop touching his glasses...
3 comments:
he looks so cute! glad you finally got them. bummer that it was such a hassle but he looks adorable!! oh and i would love to have driven by the scene on the side of power. that is hilarious!!
Hi Jami! I saw your blog through Melanie's. It looks like everything is going great for you and your family. :)
Kristen (Price) Hobson
Hi! I am blog stalking. I found you off of the Greer's blog (and your hubby looks like a Jefferson Clark we know here in Utah). My son wears glasses too. He got his first pair when he was 3. There is something about little kids in glasses--makes them seem older somehow. But your son looks super cute in his. My son just got a new pair--square ones so he can be like his Daddy...who just got contacts. Oh well!
Post a Comment